• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BT Hangs
Lightbulb 
Good day Group,

Not sure if anyone else is using tablets/devices for anything else beside MobileSheets during performances, but I am experiencing difficulties switching between apps.

I use my tablet to control my Soundcraft mixer (Ui16), basically it runs off a Web Browser, so I have to switch between MobileSheets and Browser apps occasionally. 
In my setup I use WIDI Master as well, so every time i “minimize” MobileSheets, to open/switch to Browser Bluetooth will hang (WIDI Master blue led will become solid) so I have to force close MobileSheets, reopen it to re-establish Bluetooth connection. 
I already changed battery properties to non optimized and all those tweaks I could do in Android to keep app running in background. Keep CPU On is set to Always in MobileSheets as well, but nothing helps. 
Simply minimizing app will hang BT connection. 

I hope there will be some suggestions on how to solve this - if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Please remind me what type of device you have, what OS version its running, and which MIDI library you are using (its the default bluetooth if I recall based on the issues you had previously). When MobileSheets is put into the background and is using the legacy BLE library, it actually doesn't do anything other than stop scanning for devices if it was currently scanning. It does not try to release/drop the connection to any bluetooth device. So I'm surprised you are seeing that issue. Perhaps it has something to do with changes Google has made in the OS itself with later versions, as it is stopping more and more things from working in the background. One thing we can test out, if you want to try it, is I can drop the bluetooth connection if MobileSheets is put in the background, and then try to reconnect when it is shown again. Maybe that will stop the hanging you are seeing.

Mike
(12-30-2023, 01:39 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please remind me what type of device you have, what OS version its running, and which MIDI library you are using (its the default bluetooth if I recall based on the issues you had previously). When MobileSheets is put into the background and is using the legacy BLE library, it actually doesn't do anything other than stop scanning for devices if it was currently scanning. It does not try to release/drop the connection to any bluetooth device. So I'm surprised you are seeing that issue. Perhaps it has something to do with changes Google has made in the OS itself with later versions, as it is stopping more and more things from working in the background. One thing we can test out, if you want to try it, is I can drop the bluetooth connection if MobileSheets is put in the background, and then try to reconnect when it is shown again. Maybe that will stop the hanging you are seeing.

Mike

Genos2, WIDI Master, Android 13 with Default MIDI library (Google MIDI is not available for this device - its some Chinese tablet).

What you suggested logically sounds as great idea to solve this problem, and am I crossing fingers it will do so! - I am ready to test!