• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync Error iPad, MacBook, iCloud
Hello
I 'm a new user of mobile sheets and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use the software with my setup.
I'm using a MacBook and an iPad. Both systems have the latest SW installed.
To keep the libraries actual on both system I use the iCloud sync feature.
If I add a File on the MacBook I sync the library to iCloud. And when I want to sync the iPad, the new file will be added in the library, but the pdf file is not transferred. 
Error Message: "Error encountered transferring files: file XXX"
Same problem, if I add a file on the iPad

Any ideas that would help?
With best regards
Joerg
If you test trying to synchronize to Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive, do you encounter the same issue? Or does that work like you would expect? I'm just trying to determine if the issue you are seeing is related solely to the iCloud integration. I will run some tests with this on my Mac Mini and iPad to see if I encounter the same issue.

Thanks,
Mike
same issue with OneDrive - but without an error message

a general difference between iCloud and OneDrive integration is - as far as I can see - that for the iCloud sync the local copies of the files are used and for the OneDrive sync a direct access to the cloud is used.
That was my first guess for the problem - in case oft the iCloud sync the files has to be downloaded before copy to the directory structure...
but when the OneDrive sync also fails that's probably not the cause for the problem
Joerg
I do see the issue - my code is not properly checking the status of the iCloud item to ensure it has been downloaded to the local device (Apple has an interesting way of handling this where the file seems to "exist" but it's not actually downloaded, so you have to check whether it's a "ubiquitous" item and download it if so). I'll get this fixed. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Mike
The problem was actually more complicated than I realized. MacOS uses a different path to the iCloud folder than iOS, so I had to add extra code to account for this discrepancy. All file paths are now converted to the appropriate path for the device. Things are all now working properly. The fixes will be included with version 3.8.25.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike
Thanks a lot for the quick response
As soon as the version is available in the App Store I will give it a try and give a short feedback

Jörg