• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedal scroll down - remaining page disappears

Hello,
I'm using a tablet in landscape mode to look at my musical scores. 
Therefore, only three or four musical lines are displayed at one time, of a whole A4 format score sheet. This is great and easily readable.

1. When I'm reading and playing notes in the bottom half of the tablet display, I activate the pedal and - within one second - the display scrolls down by approximately  half a tablet display size, thus showing some previous and the subsequent lines. This is OK.
2. However, when the lower half of the tablet display includes the top of the next page, the pedal activation causes the display to scroll down until the top of the next page is displayed at the top of the tablet display. The remaining lines of the previous page disappear, before they are played!

I wish that also in the second case above the display scrolls down by approximately  half a tablet display size, thus showing the subsequent lines as well as the preceding lines. I have tried multiple settings for the pedal and for the song - with no success: the preceding lines inevitably are scrolled out of sight.

Thank you for any guidance how to avoid this tedious disappearance of the last lines of the previous page.
David.
Switch to the vertical scrolling display mode (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_8GXnlNfm0) and set the page scaling mode to Fit Width (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXVGHa96ssw). 

Mike
Dear Mike,
thank you for your swift and precise reply.
I have followed your suggestion. However, I still encounter situations, where the I cannot start playing on the new page and - after pedal activation - the remaining page disappears. Please look at the enclosed screen dumps.
Thank you for your recommendation, David.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Your pictures aren't really conveying enough information about what is occurring. I just see one page that is partically scrolled, then another page. So it sounds like you are using full page turns with your pedal, or something along those lines. You may want to instead use a pedal action to scroll the page (use Scroll Down or Turn Page if at Bottom with the % set to 50 or something along those lines).

Mike
(01-09-2024, 06:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Your pictures aren't really conveying enough information about what is occurring. I just see one page that is partically scrolled, then another page. So it sounds like you are using full page turns with your pedal, or something along those lines. You may want to instead use a pedal action to scroll the page (use Scroll Down or Turn Page if at Bottom with the % set to 50 or something along those lines).

Mike

Perhaps also ensure that the 'scroll amount' is set to :

x% of screen

Rather than 

X% of page
Dear Mike, thank you for asking for more information.
I'm enclosing my three settings windows. In these windows I have tried many parameter changes without obtaining my goal of scrolling (by pedal action) onto a new page while keeping at least one previous score line in sight. These windows are numbered 5, 6 and 7.

Then I enclose window number 8 (8 Manual Scrolling - preceding line remains visible - my GOAL) that shows - by manually scrolling - the new page while keeping one previous score line in sight.
At present I end up with every setting with the window no 4 where the line before measure number 44 is out of sight before I have played it.

Bynotes: 
With no page change visible on the screen, the pedal action causes a scroll down of 70% in spite of the fact that the scroll value is set to 20% of the screen. But I can live with these 70%.

Looking forward to your reply, 
Regards, David                
(01-09-2024, 09:00 AM)Barrie Brailsford Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 06:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Your pictures aren't really conveying enough information about what is occurring. I just see one page that is partically scrolled, then another page. So it sounds like you are using full page turns with your pedal, or something along those lines. You may want to instead use a pedal action to scroll the page (use Scroll Down or Turn Page if at Bottom with the % set to 50 or something along those lines).

Mike

Perhaps also ensure that the 'scroll amount' is set to :

x% of screen

Rather than 

X% of page

Dear Barrie,
thanks for your comment. In my settings page the scroll amount is already  x% of screen and cannot be changed to  X% of page .
You are using the "Scroll to Top of Page" (Nach oben scrollen) and "Scroll to Bottom of Page" (Nach unten scrollen) pedal actions which is not going to work well for what you are trying to do. You must change that to "Nach unten scrollen, am unteren Ende umblättern", and "Nach oben scrollen, am oberen Ende umblättern", and then you'll be able to specify the percentage of the page to scroll with every pedal press. You don't need to modify the automatic scroll settings as you are not relying on those. 

Mike
Would it be difficult to add a new setting "scroll to 'half page divider'" to allow song specific scroll amounts?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(01-10-2024, 12:07 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: You are using the "Scroll to Top of Page" (Nach oben scrollen) and "Scroll to Bottom of Page" (Nach unten scrollen) pedal actions which is not going to work well for what you are trying to do. You must change that to "Nach unten scrollen, am unteren Ende umblättern", and "Nach oben scrollen, am oberen Ende umblättern", and then you'll be able to specify the percentage of the page to scroll with every pedal press. You don't need to modify the automatic scroll settings as you are not relying on those. 

Mike

Dear Mike, these indications of you indeed bring the desired results: after my pedal action, the scroll down is performed while keeping the preceding line visible, even in presence of a page turn.
GREAT THANK YOU!
David