• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 11 - gestures - camera not working
There is another thread about Win 10, but this is about Win 11.
I'm running Win 11 Pro ( version 10.0.22000) on a SurfacePro 4 and MobileSheets (3.8.26).  The cameras have been given permissions to be used by MobileSheets.  The Gestures function doesn't work.  The camera isn't activated.

I have another SurfacePro with Windows 10 and the same version of MobileSheets, and everything related to Gestures works perfectly.

I think there is a bug and would appreciate comment from @Zubersoft and information on what they are  doing about it - when is a fix going to be available.

Thanks
The problem is with the Surface Pro 4 camera and Microsoft's framework not communicating properly with it. It works perfectly fine with a Surface Pro 8. I unfortunately gave my Surface Pro 4 to the person that helps put together the tutorial videos so they would have something to capture videos on. So I don't currently have an easy way to investigate the Surface Pro 4 issues. With every other Windows device I've tested on, the camera functionality works with the face gestures, so I have no reliable way to test this out and pursue a solution. I can only guess at what might be wrong. Having said that, I'm going to see if I can work with that person to remote connect to the Surface Pro 4, set up remote debugging and get the information I need. I'll do my best to find a solution tomorrow before releasing the next update.

Mike
Hi Mike
Thanks for your answer, but I disagree. 
My other surface pro works perfectly for gestures.

Surface Pro 4
Windows 10.0.19045
Intel i5 6300
Mobile Sheets 3.8.26

So how can we sort this out?
I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 using Windows 10.0.22631 and Mobile Sheets 3.8.37. Most of the time it's fine using face gestures, but it's not reliable. Every so often, it won't find the camera, even after a reboot ... until it suddenly does. It also loses and regains contact in the middle of a piece and you can see the camera light going on and off. Earlier today it threw an error: "System Exception: This object need to be initialized before the requested operation can be carried out."