• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio player: suggestions and (maybe) an issue
Mike,

I would kindly ask, if it´s possible to indicate an "active" pitch shift (pitch is not "0") and "active" tempo shift (tempo is not "1") 
by color as like as "A-B Loop" or "Repeat Mode". It´s a good feature MS does remember the last settings for a song, but
human´s memory isn´t so perfect (after several weeks or so....).

Also, color change of the vertical bar in case of A-B looping (any bright color),
depending of different light situations the vertical bars are hard to see sometimes.

Maybe an issue, audio player setup:

Fade out: after 5 sec
Fade out completely: ON
If you need more then 5 sec setting the time slider to a specific position, the audio player
will fade out within the continuos activity. So you have to reopen the player, start again
and hoping you´ll be fast enough. ;-)

This doesn´t happen if:
Fade out completely: OFF
Transparency set between 0 - 100 (doesn´t matter)
You can work with the slider as long as you need. 

Thanks in advance,
e.k.
What you've requested makes sense - I can certainly change the icon colors if a pitch shift or tempo shift is active. I could also consider putting the value in small font below the icon, but I'm not sure how good that would look or how much value it would add.

You said you want a brighter color for the vertical bar - I'm currently using red (0xFF0000). What color are you wanting? Something lighter? Please recognize that "brighter" is complex, because I'm not sure if that means use a lighter color, make the color more bold/thicker, or something else entirely. Luminance with colors is tricky.

I'll look into the issue where the player can fade out while you are holding the slider, or if you've activated the option to place loop points.

Thanks,
Mike
thanks for your response,

"pitch/tempo" indication:
The essential point is, to get a directly information that pitch and/or tempo are shifted or just not. If I want to know the actual setting, I only had to tap on it.
But, I wouldn´t be surprised "that something is wrong with the backing track" and searching for the fault in front of the crowd... (happened at a gig some days ago......)

A-B loop indication:
I would describe it as "better visibility" of the vertical lines, e.g. the same color as the slider and the lenght of the vertical lines twice as the diameter of the slider-dot
(to see the line while the dot is over this position). The contrast of black background and red line is sometimes "to small".

Thanks for checking the "player fade out within action".

At last:
I´ve read a prior post about intended change of the sound library of the advanced audio player.
Also, the current advanced-audio-player overrides 3rd-party-equilizer-apps, just volume control works, frequencies are not adjustable.

In case of not using the advanced-audio-player, equilizers works as expected.  (Samsung S7FE, Android 13, MS 3.8.27)

Thanks a lot!
e.k.
I've made changes for the next update - you can let me know if they are sufficient.

Thanks,
Mike
Thumbs Up 
(02-12-2024, 11:31 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've made changes for the next update - you can let me know if they are sufficient.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

thank you so much for your support. Of course, I´ll give you a feedback asap.

e.k.
Feedback as appointed:

Thank you very much! Indicating tempo and shift works great, marking A-b Loop also!

e.k.

UPDATE:
this already occurs

Fade out completely: ON
If you need more then 5 sec setting the time slider to a specific position, the audio player
will fade out within the continuos activity. So you have to reopen the player, start again
and hoping you´ll be fast enough. ;-)

This doesn´t happen if (could be a work around):
Fade out completely: OFF
Transparency set between 0 - 100 (doesn´t matter)
You can work with the slider as long as you need. 
You are very welcome. I'll fix that other issue with a small patch that's being released shortly.

Thanks,
Mike
(03-01-2024, 04:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You are very welcome. I'll fix that other issue with a small patch that's being released shortly.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

thank you for fixing the slider issue, it works great now!

e.k.
Glad to hear it - thanks for letting me know.

Mike