• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Drive problem - files won't transfer
I have been using MobileSheets for many years on Windows and Android to sync files between multiple devices. Lately I've been have random problems with files that won't transfer from Google Drive. This has happened on both Windows and Android, and has happened during both Import and Sync operations. Once a particular file fails to transfer it always fails, even if I update the file, delete it from the device, etc. I've even tried cleaning my whole library, and also removing everything on Google Drive - it still happens. The actual files that fail may change, but there always seems to be at least one that won't transfer. On Sync, I just get an error "failed to transfer". On Import, I get a more detailed error message that says there's something wrong with the file. Currently, there's only one file in my extensive library that won't transfer, no matter what I do. I'm going to post that file to see if there's actually something about it that is different from everything else in my library.

Attached Files
.pdf   Moondance.pdf (Size: 69.52 KB / Downloads: 5)
(02-01-2024, 12:38 AM)ram Wrote: I have been using MobileSheets for many years on Windows and Android to sync files between multiple devices. Lately I've been have random problems with files that won't transfer from Google Drive. This has happened on both Windows and Android, and has happened during both Import and Sync operations. Once a particular file fails to transfer it always fails, even if I update the file, delete it from the device, etc. I've even tried cleaning my whole library, and also removing everything on Google Drive - it still happens. The actual files that fail may change, but there always seems to be at least one that won't transfer. On Sync, I just get an error "failed to transfer". On Import, I get a more detailed error message that says there's something wrong with the file. Currently, there's only one file in my extensive library that won't transfer, no matter what I do. I'm going to post that file to see if there's actually something about it that is different from everything else in my library.

A clue on this may be that when I try to Import the file the error message says the file size is 0 bytes, even though it indicates the actual size of the file.
If you manually download the file, what is the exact file size shown in Windows file explorer? What type of file is it? I'm curious if the file size is either so small or actually 0 which might be causing issues with the Google Drive API.

Mike