• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS crashes immediately after opening, after installing v3.8.29
We just installed v3.8.29 on our Samsung Galaxy tab S8+ (android 14).
Now mobilesheets crashes immediately after opening. What can we do?
I’ve already submitted an update to address this but Google is not approving it quickly for some reason. If you send an email to support@zubersoft.com, you’ll get instructions for manually installing installing the update. I really apologize for the inconvenience. I’ve been having to make a lot of changes to try to get through their ridiculous approval process for Google drive access, which resulted in some errors that I did not catch during my testing.

Mike
The update has been approved now and should be available for download shortly.

Mike
(02-03-2024, 08:21 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: The update has been approved now and should be available for download shortly.

Mike

I just installed the update via the link i received via email. 
Thanks for the quick response and solution!
Hello, my wife uses mobilesheets Pro on her Samsung tablet and installed the 3.8.29 update today. Since then it crashes immediately after opening.
My wife now has a big problem as she has a gig in 2 hours.
I have read in the forum that there is already an update but it is not yet available on Google.
Could you forward me the email?
That would save our day today.

Many thanks from Germany

Sandro and Melly,
I have replied to your email/message.

Mike
I did not see this post until after I had tried to update on playstore (using Samsung s8+). That did not seem to work in my case. Then, I uninstalled and reinstalled. This worked, but all the data is gone. Is there any way to reconnect to the previous data? I didn't delete my storage, but maybe the uninstall deletes it all? I was hoping it wouldn't do that. OK, thanks for any advice. I can start over, but that's kind of a pain.
Unfortunately, if you uninstall on Android 10 or lower, it deletes all the application data and there is no way to recover it unless you created a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library. On Android 11 and higher, when uninstalling, there is an option to keep the application data when uninstalilng, which can let you reinstall without losing everything.

Mike
(02-04-2024, 04:29 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Unfortunately, if you uninstall on Android 10 or lower, it deletes all the application data and there is no way to recover it unless you created a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library. On Android 11 and higher, when uninstalling, there is an option to keep the application data when uninstalilng, which can let you reinstall without losing everything.

Mike

Huh, well, the tablet is on Android 14, but I didn't see where that option appeared, if it was available. So, I naively went ahead, and am starting with a blank app. It's 7 months of stuff. The only part that is going to be difficult, is that my wife had written a number of annotations indicating various details at performance time that would be nice to recall. Anyway, it's done and we have to move on. The app is wonderful. I do understand the gigantic hassle that Google can be. I've encountered it as a user of some other apps that have had to make changes in Android 14 to allow certain storage methods to work. I should've done backups, but honestly everything was working so perfectly and for many months, so that I got complacent. Thanks for a really great app for music reading. My wife loves it.
I really apologize about the mess that was caused with this. I actually did a large amount of testing, but something very unusual happened when I deployed the final release (I'll spare you the details). It's going to slow down releases, but I'm going to have to add a few more steps in the testing process to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. I also may give up on the Google Drive verification if it's going to continue to force me to make changes that I'm not comfortable with.

Mike
(02-04-2024, 05:00 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I really apologize about the mess that was caused with this. I actually did a large amount of testing, but something very unusual happened when I deployed the final release (I'll spare you the details). It's going to slow down releases, but I'm going to have to add a few more steps in the testing process to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. I also may give up on the Google Drive verification if it's going to continue to force me to make changes that I'm not comfortable with.

Mike

Yeah, I totally get that that these things are sometimes just really frustrating, and I don't blame you. I know you probably beat your head against the wall. I shouldn't have been lazy about the backups. So, if I go to a different cloud service, which one do you feel has had the least issues with your app? I'd probably move to Dropbox, but I could probably work with most any of them, if you have one you think is best with your app.
Dropbox works great. I'll be adding other options fairly soon too, as it's become a high priority issue for me now. You don't need to make any changes immediately though, as I still have a number of months before I could potentially lose Google Drive access, and if that occurs, I'll be adding lots of other options, so you could choose your preferred one at that time.

Mike
(02-03-2024, 08:18 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I’ve already submitted an update to address this but Google is not approving it quickly for some reason. If you send an email to support@zubersoft.com, you’ll get instructions for manually installing installing the update. I really apologize for the inconvenience. I’ve been having to make a lot of changes to try to get through their ridiculous approval process for Google drive access, which resulted in some errors that I did not catch during my testing.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I just updated it via google app store. Now it works again. It's a great programm. I really like it a lot. Regards Rainer
I have MS on my fire tablet and it now won’t open. How do I fix it?  Thank you.
It sounds like you may not have the latest update. Try opening the Amazon App Store application, search for MobileSheets and see if you can download the latest update. That would resolve the issue with the app not loading.

Mike