• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Bookmarks to lists
Hi All,

I use my iPad to create lists of pieces for my individual students. So when we have a lesson, I can instantly access their music.

I have each of their names listed under "Artists" heading.

My question is - instead of adding a complete file / Book to their list, can I add a bookmark to specific pieces?

I know there was some discussion around this in the past but wondered if there has been an update or workaround?

Cheers!
A thing you can do:
Uses collections or keywoards.
P.E. for every student (name) you put his name as a entry in the attribute "Collections" or "Keywoards".
Then you should be able to generate views / filters which use these attributes to show the fitting entries.
Maybe you can use the user defined field as well for this purpose
Bookmarks don't show up like pieces in the library screen and can't be added to group types like Artists or Collections. The reason is that Bookmarks don't currently support a range of pages, and the architecture isn't designed to handle linking either a piece or a bookmark. Instead, you can create a snippet from your existing piece. Just load it, tap the center of the screen to bring up the overlay, tap the circle icon at the bottom left and tap "Create Snippet". You can then specify the range of pages you want to use from the larger score, and add that snippet to the artist instead. This is really the same idea as a bookmark and ensures that all features can be used with the snippet versus having a bookmark that links back to the original piece but may have limitations in terms of what it can support. As a side note, you can assign the "Create Snippet" action as a touch action under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions if you want a fast way to be able to trigger that. You can also break up your larger PDF using a CSV file if you want smaller pieces that you can more easily manage.

Mike
(02-20-2024, 06:56 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Bookmarks don't show up like pieces in the library screen and can't be added to group types like Artists or Collections. The reason is that Bookmarks don't currently support a range of pages, and the architecture isn't designed to handle linking either a piece or a bookmark. Instead, you can create a snippet from your existing piece. Just load it, tap the center of the screen to bring up the overlay, tap the circle icon at the bottom left and tap "Create Snippet". You can then specify the range of pages you want to use from the larger score, and add that snippet to the artist instead. This is really the same idea as a bookmark and ensures that all features can be used with the snippet versus having a bookmark that links back to the original piece but may have limitations in terms of what it can support. As a side note, you can assign the "Create Snippet" action as a touch action under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions if you want a fast way to be able to trigger that. You can also break up your larger PDF using a CSV file if you want smaller pieces that you can more easily manage.

Mike

Thank you both for the suggestions. I will definitely give them a try.! Much Appreciated.