• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion on m2 Mac using UTM/QEMU and win 11 ARM?
Sad 
I don't have a windows machine, and I'm trying to set up windows in a VM on my m2 mac mini.  I'm using the UTM front end to QEMU, and installing the Windows 11 insider preview for ARM (dev version) which is free.  When it got to connecting to my network, it couldn't find it no matter what I did.  I was able to bypass the network setup, using The FAQ in the UTM Discord.  After all that, I can browse to the directory where I downloaded mobilesheets companion, but it doesn't allow me to run the executable.

If you've done this already and have some tips, please let me know.  Or, if you know it's not possible, that would also be handy to know.
I'm still trying to find time to work on porting the companion app over to Avalonia so it can run natively on Mac and Linux. This would eliminate the need for you to have to do all that, but I'm not sure how long it will take me to implement all the changes. I can't really provide much feedback on the problems you are currently seeing though. I know other Mac users have gotten the companion app working in the past.

Mike
(02-20-2024, 07:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm still trying to find time to work on porting the companion app over to Avalonia so it can run natively on Mac and Linux. This would eliminate the need for you to have to do all that, but I'm not sure how long it will take me to implement all the changes. I can't really provide much feedback on the problems you are currently seeing though. I know other Mac users have gotten the companion app working in the past.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I knew you were planning to do it some time, but I'd hoped this would be quick.  I'm never used qemu, but I suppose it's like virtualbox or vmware where there are various mysterious incantations to do I just don't know them yet :-)

I wish I could offer to help with the port, but my UI coding skills are close to non-existent.
Bonjour, 
je suis français et utilise mobilesheets sur un iphone12 pro, 
je souhaite installer companion sur un MacBook M1 ... est-ce possible ?
Bien cordialement
I use Parallels an Win 11 on a Mac M1.

Network Setup to Bridge
Network via WLAN Router (same as for  iPad)
Companion in Parallels: Manuel WLAN Connection with entering the IP address of iPad
MobileSheets on iPad  (Options, richt End of Menue; the three points Smile
"Mit Companion verbinden"   connect to companion
And it works

When youre not able to rund an exe, it's a problem of your VM not of companion.
Parallels an Win 11 (ARM) work fine for me.
(02-24-2024, 08:20 PM)Gérard Dantec Wrote: Bonjour, 
je suis français et utilise mobilesheets sur un iphone12 pro, 
je souhaite installer companion sur un MacBook M1 ... est-ce possible ?
Bien cordialement

A Mac-compatible version of the companion app will be coming soon, but in the meantime, you'd have to run the Windows version, which usually involves using software like parallels that can run Windows apps.

Mike