• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error: Can't start metronome, audio backend is not initialized
I've been getting the subject error message lately. It doesn't seem to affect functions that I use (including visual metronome) but it's slightly annoying.

It displays momentarily every time I switch to a new song (I have metronome on auto-start - visual only) in a setlist.

Is there a setting somewhere to make this go away?

iPad Air (4th gen)
iPad OS 17.3.1
MobileSheets Version 3.8.31

I use a BT page turner pedal that I believe uses some kind of MIDI messages (vs. keyboard mappings) - I've been using it long before these messages started popping up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Serafin
(02-25-2024, 12:47 PM)Serafin Wrote: I've been getting the subject error message lately. It doesn't seem to affect functions that I use (including visual metronome) but it's slightly annoying.

It displays momentarily every time I switch to a new song (I have metronome on auto-start - visual only) in a setlist.

Is there a setting somewhere to make this go away?

iPad Air (4th gen)
iPad OS 17.3.1
MobileSheets Version 3.8.31

I use a BT page turner pedal that I believe uses some kind of MIDI messages (vs. keyboard mappings) - I've been using it long before these messages started popping up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Serafin

Happens on my iPhone 15, too.
It's a bug if the metronome is set to "visual only". I am going to release an update with a fix tomorrow or Tuesday. If you set it to Visual + Audio, then you won't see the message.

Mike
Glad to know there’s a fix - and a workaround. Thanks!