• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snippets broken after library export
Hey there

I recently moved my entire library from one device to another, and most things are there as expected, apart from snippets. They are still there, but contain the entire original file while having the annotations on the first pages. Cropping the file again removes these annotations, presumably because they are tied to the first (wrong) pages now. Is this a bug, and can I do anything about it?

Greetings,
Julius
If you go to Settings->Other Settings, do you have the setting enabled to "Reset Page Order if File Changes" turned on? If so, turn that off, then you'll have to reimport everything, so you may want to clear the library under Settings->Other Settings->Clear Library. In general, it's best to move the library using a library backup file (Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, and then Restore Library from Backup to restore it). This should have resulted in the exact same songs and settings as on your first device, and the snippets should have matched up exactly.

Mike
(03-02-2024, 03:58 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you go to Settings->Other Settings, do you have the setting enabled to "Reset Page Order if File Changes" turned on? If so, turn that off, then you'll have to reimport everything, so you may want to clear the library under Settings->Other Settings->Clear Library. In general, it's best to move the library using a library backup file (Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, and then Restore Library from Backup to restore it). This should have resulted in the exact same songs and settings as on your first device, and the snippets should have matched up exactly.

Mike

You are a lifesaver, that works perfectly, thanks!

I did actually restore the backup via a msb export and import, but due to me arranging the PDF's in a folder structure separate from MobileSheets (and setting that as the storage location), it recognized these files as changed. Thanks a lot! I don't know how often you hear this, but I am so grateful for your work on this app, it really works wonders!
I'm glad to hear that! I appreciate your kind words of support - it's always great to have positive feedback in between the bug reports and feature requests.

Mike