• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stylus eraser
Hi i'm new and hope to find an awnser to my question!

I use mobile sheets on my labtop (samsung galaxy book 360) and i have an S-pen (fold 4 edition). I would like to use this stylus for making notes but when I use it in the app i can only use the eraser. I am not pressing the stylus button and i have tried setting the setting of stylus tools to no tool of to something else then the eraser but i can't get it to work. 

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? I don't see any other settings that could help my problems.
It's really strange you are encountering those issues. Annotating with the S-Pen is normally quite straightforward. I have a Samsung Tab S4 and the S8 Ultra each with a different model S-Pen, and I've never encountered anything like you are describing. If you go into the annotation settings, can you verify that you have turned "Stylus Mode" off? Can you use the stylus to tap things on the library screen? 

Mike
yes i have stylus mode off. i have even tried to turn it on if that worked but none of the settings did anything. The option to give a use to the stylus button also doesn't do anything. at the beginning it was set to eraser but when i for example set it to pen, then hold down the button it still goes to the eraser.
To provide information on what I think is happening, when a touch event occurs (either through a finger, pen/stylus or mouse), a MotionEvent is generated in the Android framework. With this event, I can check what the tool type is. If the tool type is reported as an eraser (MotionEvent.TOOL_TYPE_ERASER), then I respond by switching to the eraser tool until I get an event that indicates that the touch was released. So your S-Pen is being reported as an eraser. I don't know how that's possible, but based on your description, that's the only thing that makes sense. Let me ask this - if you use the Samsung drawing app on the device, does it seem to correctly respond to the stylus? Or does it also act like it's an eraser?

Thanks,
Mike
It looks like this has happened to users in the past with the Samsung Galaxy Book: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyBook/comm...rase_mode/

I'm wondering if that matches what is going on with your device.

If you want to test a build for me, I can include an option to enable/disable whether stylus/pen erasers are processed or ignored. We could then have you turn that off and then it wouldn't matter if eraser events were being generated - they would be processed as normal input.

Mike