• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Split PDF / Delete Pages
Hi,

I want to split a 15 page piece into 2 separate pdfs without losing any of the many annotations I have added.  Ideally, I would like to copy the piece inside MS with editable annotations intact in both copies and then delete the pages I don't need.  Is this possible or another way?

Thanks,
Nicholas
Yes, just copy the song on the library (long press, select "Copy Song" at the top of the screen), then adjust the page order for each instance of the song to only use the pages you need. That should preserve annotations for the pages you keep. If you need to ensure each song is using a unique PDF, there is an option in the rearrange pages screen (tap the three dots at the top right) to save the changes as a new PDF.

Mike
Thanks for your reply, Mike.  

That worked.

This makes me wonder what copy does and what happens when I have a master (first import) and then make multiple copies and edit the copies.

Are all the copies pointing to the same pdf on file and copies have their metadata records in the DB?

I typically add different annotations to different copies and that's about as far as their uniqueness goes.  But, are there some behaviors (like rearranging/deleting pages from a copy) that will affect the original master?

Cheers,
Nicholas
Yes, they will all reference the same PDF. The only thing would impact the original PDF is if you saved permanent changes to it, but MobileSheets would warn you if you were doing that (I made sure to put that warning in place due to user feedback).

Mike