• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving layers into the foreground/background
Hi everyone, 

I've used white forms to whiten parts of the score. Now want to write on top of the white rectangles I've used but whatever I write always ends up behind the form and not on top of it. I have writing and the forms in different layers so I'm wondering if there is a way to move individual layers into the foreground/background.

Any help?
At the moment, MobileSheets just draws annotations in the order shown in the layer popup. It will draw each layer in order and each annotation in the order they appear under that layer. So you just need to make sure the annotations you want to place on top of those white rectangles are lower in the layer and in a layer that is drawn after the rectangle. You can move annotations up or down in the layer with the up/down arrows. When time allows, I'm going to spend more time trying to improve the layers popup to make it easier to manage the annotations and layers, and allow annotations to be moved between layers.

Mike
(03-07-2024, 06:16 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: At the moment, MobileSheets just draws annotations in the order shown in the layer popup. It will draw each layer in order and each annotation in the order they appear under that layer. So you just need to make sure the annotations you want to place on top of those white rectangles are lower in the layer and in a layer that is drawn after the rectangle. You can move annotations up or down in the layer with the up/down arrows. When time allows, I'm going to spend more time trying to improve the layers popup to make it easier to manage the annotations and layers, and allow annotations to be moved between layers.

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply!

Could you clarify how to move the layers up and down? Im able to movie singe objects within one layer using the arrow keys but I'm unable to move a whole layer.
If you take a look at the screenshot you see what I mean. I'm trying to move Ebene 1 under Englische Übersetzung but when I click on Ebene 1 and it Lichts up Green and I then try to use the arrow Keys at the bottom of the Pop up window, nothing happens...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to add support for reordering layers (that's on my list of things to do). What you'll have to do is select all the annotations in one layer, tap the copy button in the edit bar, switch to a new layer, paste them (use the "Paste to original location" option), then delete the original layer.

Mike