• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stamp dropdown empty
Hi Mike. The stamp dropdown in my app is completely empty, with headings Standard, Jazz etc greyed out and am empty box underneath. Do you know how I can populate it with the stamps shown in the user manual?
That means the stamp configuration file is completely missing for some reason, or the packaged fonts aren't being loaded. One thing you can try is going to the user category, add an image file, tap the thumbnail in the list, then tap it again to show the popup and select "Reset all lists". If this doesn't work, it may require resetting the entire application settings under Settings->Other Settings->Reset Settings to Default, or backing up your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, then uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Mike
(03-08-2024, 07:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That means the stamp configuration file is completely missing for some reason, or the packaged fonts aren't being loaded. One thing you can try is going to the user category, add an image file, tap the thumbnail in the list, then tap it again to show the popup and select "Reset all lists". If this doesn't work, it may require resetting the entire application settings under Settings->Other Settings->Reset Settings to Default, or backing up your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, then uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Mike
Thanks Mike. What sort of file does a user-added stamp have to be?
Almost any type of image file (.jpg, .png, etc) or a .svg file.

Mike
(03-08-2024, 10:16 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Almost any type of image file (.jpg, .png, etc) or a .svg file.

Mike
I tried uploading a PNG but was told the file did not exist.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and got a single stamp (a crochet). When I tried to restore the library from a backup the titles appeared but no songs would open - an error message said the file did not exist. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times using two different library msb files created a week apart with the same result. 

Can you suggest anything I can do to restore the library from the backup?
(03-09-2024, 12:46 AM)SAB Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 10:16 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Almost any type of image file (.jpg, .png, etc) or a .svg file.

Mike
I tried uploading a PNG but was told the file did not exist.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and got a single stamp (a crochet). When I tried to restore the library from a backup the titles appeared but no songs would open - an error message said the file did not exist. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times using two different library msb files created a week apart with the same result. 

When deleting I didn't select "Keep X MB of app data" as I assumed all I needed was in the 225 MB msb file. I'm not sure if that was the right selection.
(03-09-2024, 01:05 AM)SAB Wrote:

Mike

Each song opens with the same number of pages of the original but each page is black with the error message
When deleting I didn't select "Keep X MB of app data" as I assumed all I needed was in the 225 MB msb file. I'm not sure if that was the right selection.
I'm more concerned that you didn't grant either the storage permission or the all files access permission in the tablet settings for MobileSheets, as it sounds like MobileSheets can't load the files in the library. Does that library backup size seem consistent with what you would have expected? If you are using PDFs, that's only around 60-120 PDFs, depending on the average size and number of pages. This is assuming you did not add audio files. If you go to Settings->Other Settings->Find Missing Files, are all files reported as missing or only some?

Not keeping the application data was the right decision so long as you have a valid backup file to restore. Also, it would be best if you uninstall, reinstall and then try out the stamps list to verify it looks correct after reinstalling. If it looks invalid after restoring the library backup file, you can uncheck the option to "Restore settings" while restoring the backup to address that.

Mike
(03-09-2024, 01:05 AM)SAB Wrote:

Mike

Thanks Mike. There are 91 sheets so that seems about right.  I have reinstalled from pdfs. 

It has access to manage all files.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but have never had stamps other than the single crochet and have not been able to upload an msf file not restore the library with an msb backup file.  I don't think the app is installing properly but am not sure why.  I can't find any other settings that could affect this. 

Regards

Stuart