• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using the new Asus Zenbook Duo with two screens?
I am loving Mobile Sheets, which I currently use for piano accompaniments with choirs and vocal soloists on my Microsoft Surface Pro 9, a digital pen, and a Bluetooth pedal unit.

However, I'm always wishing I could have a screen large enough to provide a two-page spread the size of actual sheet music.

An ad came across my social media feed for a new laptop -- the ASUS Zenbook Duo UX8406 -- which has two touch screens in addition to the detachable keyboard. It can be used like a regular laptop, with the second screen hidden beneath the keyboard, or in various other configurations with both screens visible. 

Here's a link:  ASUS Zenbook DUO (2024) UX8406|Laptops For Home|ASUS USA. I've also attached a combination of two images from Asus' promotions.

It's rather pricey, but I have to admit that I'm tempted to spring for it (and hopefully get part of the price back by selling my Surface Pro).

Anyone with experience or thoughts??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

One comment - I don't know if that device handles each screen as a separate monitor, or one giant monitor. The ability to use MobileSheets with it will hinge on that. If it handles each screen as a separate monitor, MobileSheets doesn't currently support multiple monitors. This is certainly something I want to add support for - I just haven't had time yet.

Mike
(03-08-2024, 08:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: One comment - I don't know if that device handles each screen as a separate monitor, or one giant monitor. The ability to use MobileSheets with it will hinge on that. If it handles each screen as a separate monitor, MobileSheets doesn't currently support multiple monitors. This is certainly something I want to add support for - I just haven't had time yet.

Mike

Wow, Mike, I really appreciate your "hands-on" approach to following and responding to items in this forum! I will try to ascertain how the two monitors in the new Asus Zenbook Duo are treated, and I will watch for any updates from you on the potential multiple monitor support in Mobile Sheets. What a great application you've provided for us musicians!

Larry
Larry,

instead of buying such a very special device you might consider using two larger "normal" tablets and put them into a frame, as I did some time ago. See https://www.musiker-board.de/threads/tab...st-8905923  (There is an old thread about my design in this board as well, but I am a bit lazy to dig that out ... Tongue )

=> no special software solution required, applicable to quite a variety of tablets, up to the newer Samsung Ultra ones that will provide two 14,6" screens. If you take the last but one generation this will effectively halve the price you'd pay for the new Asus. Using old Android 4.x 12.2" tablets as I did will reduce that significantly even further, with the processing power of those being absolutely sufficient for the required quasi-static PDF presentation.

Please mind that it will be generally desirable to protect any chosen score presenting device against accidental pushing off the music stand, regardless if it is one or two devices. And with the frame to be designed for the two-tablet arrangement this feature can be easily integrated.

Cheers,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink