• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linking Pages to Registrations.
I have been using for quite while the linking between Mobile Sheets Music Pages and Yamaha SX900 registrations without problems [i.e. change music page and SX900 changes registration and visa versa]  I havnt added any links for a while but today using latest update, I did and the link doesnt work although it is inserted in the music page edit-midi section ok.  Now I have been messing about with my Midi setup but dont #think# it is anything to do with that although cant be 100% certain but as the existing links work both ways and the new link is inserted I am assuming my setup is ok ?  [Mobile Sheets Midi device set to SX900 and the only Midi input and Only Midi output are selected  correctly]
A bit more info, when I look what Sysex is sent from Mobilesheets with the new link ... 

F04373015226030000F7

... whereas other links have a lot more data.
I did not change a single piece of code related to MIDI commands in any of the recent updates, so this has nothing to do with any of the updates that have been released. You'll just have to go through the process again to see if you can pinpoint where the error is occurring in your setup. No other users have reported any issues with SX registrations or the linking feature with any of the recent updates. You didn't mention whether you are using USB or bluetooth for the connection, as that will have a big impact.

If your registration file path is too long, you may run into issues. I have heard from other users that problems start occurring when they use too many directories. What is the path to the registration file?

Mike
(03-09-2024, 05:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I did not change a single piece of code related to MIDI commands in any of the recent updates, so this has nothing to do with any of the updates that have been released. You'll just have to go through the process again to see if you can pinpoint where the error is occurring in your setup. No other users have reported any issues with SX registrations or the linking feature with any of the recent updates. You didn't mention whether you are using USB or bluetooth for the connection, as that will have a big impact.

If your registration file path is too long, you may run into issues. I have heard from other users that problems start occurring when they use too many directories. What is the path to the registration file?

Mike

Thanks Mike, I shortened the registration name to 8 characters and its in the first folder so that should be ok and its usb.  I have edited the Link to send what I captured in MidiOx when the registration is selected and the link then works . The data I edited in was ...

F0437301522603000000557365723A2F62726964676520696E74726F2E72677400F7 

.. so only part of the data is getting stored when linked i.e. F04373015226030000F7

If you still think its not MobilesSheets  I will do some more testing tomorrow.
(03-09-2024, 06:11 AM)Telstar Wrote:
(03-09-2024, 05:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I did not change a single piece of code related to MIDI commands in any of the recent updates, so this has nothing to do with any of the updates that have been released. You'll just have to go through the process again to see if you can pinpoint where the error is occurring in your setup. No other users have reported any issues with SX registrations or the linking feature with any of the recent updates. You didn't mention whether you are using USB or bluetooth for the connection, as that will have a big impact.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I shortened the registration name to 8 characters and its in the first folder so that should be ok and its usb.  I have edited the Link to send what I captured in MidiOx when the registration is selected and the link then works . The data I edited in was ...

F0437301522603000000557365723A2F62726964676520696E74726F2E72677400F7 

.. so only part of the data is getting stored when linked i.e. F04373015226030000F7

If you still think its not MobilesSheets  I will do some more testing tomorrow.

Hi Mike, this is definitely my problem and not MobileSheets, I am still not sure exactly what but I am sure its my setup somehow, sorry for the trouble you have had to go to in replying, please delete the entire post if you think that is appropriate :-)
No worries - just keep me posted if there is anything you need information on.

Mike