• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.8.34 Import/Saving Issue
I'm unable to import w/either the button or drag and drop w/CHO files on Win 11. It worked yesterday before the update, so I'm guessing it was something in the last release.

The import either way says it's successful, but then the song does not appear.

Tried restarting the app but that did not work.

Making a new file w/in MobileSheets, the saving file part is taking a really long time. Killed the app and restarted. I could save a short file (one line of text), but when I try to do a complete song it's having storage errors. First could not write, check hard drive (it's not full), then the hanging on Storing song modifications again.

When I try to go back in, I'm getting a error: Failed to open and read text document

The rest of the library looks to be fine.

ETA: New framework definitely seems to be an improvement in performance.
Version 3.8.34 had absolutely no changes in it that impact how files are imported. There were a few changes to the processing of chord pro files (and more are coming to handle emojis and other symbols like that). I have been importing many text and chord pro files without issue, so we will need to identify what is causing the issue on your device, or with your library. Making a new file and saving it should be almost instantaneous - if it's taking a long time, that points to a serious issue with the disk I/O. If you want to send one of the chord pro files you can't import to mike@zubersoft.com, I can try importing it to see if I encounter any of the same issues. If you are inserting any multi-character emojis in any of your files, then this may be related to the problems you are seeing. If so, that issue will be fixed with the next update which I'm hoping to submitted tomorrow.

Mike
(03-10-2024, 06:41 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Version 3.8.34 had absolutely no changes in it that impact how files are imported. There were a few changes to the processing of chord pro files (and more are coming to handle emojis and other symbols like that). I have been importing many text and chord pro files without issue, so we will need to identify what is causing the issue on your device, or with your library. Making a new file and saving it should be almost instantaneous - if it's taking a long time, that points to a serious issue with the disk I/O. If you want to send one of the chord pro files you can't import to mike@zubersoft.com, I can try importing it to see if I encounter any of the same issues. If you are inserting any multi-character emojis in any of your files, then this may be related to the problems you are seeing. If so, that issue will be fixed with the next update which I'm hoping to submitted tomorrow.

Mike

Thanks Mike - went back and did some more troubleshooting. No emojis, but I think the file must have gotten corrupted in some way. Did some additional testing and got it working.
No idea what made it unhappy b/c it worked to import on Android fine. 
Appreciate the quick response, especially on the weekend.
Glad to hear that - thanks for following up.

Mike