• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.8.34 problems
Hello,

Since updating to 3.8.34 I have several problems:
  • Annotations (with pen) either jump down about 1 cm after entering or appear so when writing them.
  • When I move the slider (eg. to go back to the 1st page) and then touch the screen the app closes.
  • After the tablet slumbered and was woken up again the app was frozen. Had to close it with task management.

I hope something can be done about this, because it is not really workable this way.
Rein
2 HP Pro x2 G612 tablets - often used in linked mode - with pen
Windows 11 pro
Airturn Ped / Custom double foot pedal USB

Before that: Hannspree Titan2 / Acer Switch 3
I'll look at any crash reports that were generated (make sure Settings->About->Enable Crash Reporting is turned on), but you can go to Settings->Display Settings and switch off "Utilize GPU for the annotation editor" if that's causing instability on your device. I have no idea why you are seeing annotations shift - I don't see that on any of my devices (PC and two surface pros). When you say "slider", are you referring to the page slider? 

Mike
Crash reporting is turned on, but where do I find such a report?
I already tried switching off GPU utilisation, but to no avail.
The slider is indeed the page slider.
The problems are alike on both my tablets. 

Would it be possible for me to go back to the previous version?

Regards,
Rein
Windows 11 pro

The crash reports are sent automatically through Microsoft's AppCenter if you have enabled crash reporting.

There is no way to do that with the Microsoft Store version I'm afraid. The installer is digitally signed by Microsoft, so I don't even have a way to send you an installer that would work. We can do that with the FastSpring version if you want to switch, but I'd rather just try to address the issues as otherwise you'll be stuck on that old version indefinitely without knowing if the issues are fixed with a later update.

Can you please go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings and send the .mcf file to mike@zubersoft.com? I would like to take a look at the settings you are using. It will also help you can long press one of the songs demonstrating this issue, tap Share->Export as .msf and send that .msf file to mike@zubersoft.com. I want to get an update released today, so if you can get those to me shortly, I can test with them and see if I can reproduce (and fix) any issues.

Thanks,
Mike
I sent you the two files. I'm getting the impression it has to do with this particular "song". With other songs I don't have the problems.
That seems a relief, of course. Still I'm wondering why this particular one has these problems...

Regards,
Rein
Windows 11 pro

The crashing issue appears to be with the handling of both stamps created before the version 3.0.0 annotations rework and custom bitmap stamps. I am putting changes in place to prevent the crash. I'm still looking into the other two things you reported.

Mike
The drawing issue was also due to the use of old stamps and/or custom stamps. That has been fixed as well for the next update. So the last issue was just the freezing, which very well may have been due to the same issue as the crash (if it occurred with this same piece loaded).

Mike
Thanks a lot for fixing this so quickly!

Regards,
Rein
Windows 11 pro