• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Setlist Editing Issue
This has happened to me several times so I believe it is not due to mistake I made but most likely a logical issue.  Below is what I was doing:
1. When I try to edit a Setlist with a lot of songs in it say 50 or more
2. The Setlist order was changed from Manual to Numeric, Ascending during the editing process ie. when the Edit Setlist screen is open
3. I was in the process of removing a whole bunch of the songs in the Setlist
4. I was going up and down the list randomly and just clicking on the "X" to remove songs
5. I did not click on the OK to save the edited Setlist after removing a few songs
6. Some songs are in the Setlist more than once and I was removing these duplicates (the duplicate song in the Setlist actually helped me noticed the issue) as after I removed the duplicates, it reappear as still duplicated in the Setlist

The Problem:
All of a sudden, I noticed that songs I removed seems to re-appear again so I try to delete them again, it was removed but then the number of songs in my list seems to get shorter and shorter even though I was removing the same song.  Also songs that I did not remove disappeared from the Setlist when I scroll up and down the list to review the songs left in the Setlist.  I suspect the deletion may be based on either some logical position of songs in the list or some other indexing factor and not necessary the actual name of the song and when the list was refreshed when I scroll up and down the list, the songs was redisplayed based on some criteria or maybe the position the songs were at in a certain point of time or something like that so songs that was removed reappear because the redisplay was based on some sequence position of song name in the cache or something like that. Could this issue be related to me changing the display Sort sequence during the editing and removal process.  I doubt it was caused by the number of actions I did before doing a Save but certainly that may contribute why I notice the issue after doing a bunch of removal.

I don't think I am explaining this very clearly since I don't know the logic used in the Setlist sequencing and how to determine which song was removed when the screen needs to refresh due to the need to scroll up and down but maybe you can get the essence of what I'm trying to say. 

Bottom line is songs reappear after it was removed and the list get shorter and shorter even though I may be removing the same song over and over.  The setlist was completely messed up because of this.

Hope you will be able to figure out what I'm trying to say and be able to reproduce this issue and fix it.  Now I am scare of doing too many removal of songs all at once and is doing a Save after one or two edit.  I'm also trying not to change the Sort sequence while the Setlist is being Edited.

PS.  I just did another test and after a SAVE, the Setlist still show the duplicated songs I removed.  Also noticed the number on the left that shows how many songs is in the Setlist that is next to the song's name starting from the song after the one I removed all of a sudden changed after I removed a duplicate song.  BTW, some of my song's name have a number before the actual name.
I'll have to see if I can reproduce this, but it would be helpful if you can go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr and send mobilesheets.db to mike@zubersoft.com. This will let me easily test with the same setlist you are using.

Thanks,
Mike
Sorry but I have deleted the setlist since it was all messed up but I think you can duplicate what I encounter with the following steps:
1. Create a Setlist that have some song name that starts with a numeric number and some song names that starts in alpha letter
2. Select that Setlist and use the Create Setlist from Songs function to create a new setlist with this Setlist
3. Add the same Setlist to the newly created Setlist again using Add Songs to Setlist function so you will now have a Setlist that have duplicated songs
4. Add some more songs to the newly created Setlist with songs from another Setlist so now you will have a new Setlist with duplicated and non-duplicated songs
5. The test Setlist I use to create the new duplicated songs Setlist have some Place Holders in it but don't think that matters
6. Change the Sort Order from Manual to Numeric Ascending so all the duplicated songs will be together
7. Start removing some of the duplicated songs from the newly created Setlist randomly ie. do some at the top some in the middle and some at the end etc.
8. Save the Setlist and then reopen it again and you should see songs that have been removed reappear again
9. Also during the removal process, you will see the number on the left is not showing up in sequence any more

Hope you can duplicate the issue based on the above.  This is done on the Windows version 3.8.43 but I think the issue may have existed before this version but not 100% sure as I think I have encounter this before I upgraded to this version.
I did everything you said and it worked just fine for me. I saved the changes, edited the setlist again and all of the changes I made were saved correctly. So I have no way of knowing how to reproduce the issue at the moment.

Thanks,
Mike
I have sent you a sample .msf file and a pdf file outlining the exact steps I used to replicate the problem.  Please check your email.  Hope you can identify the issue and correct it.

Thanks.