• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How exactly works the sysex-communication beween MS and Genos2 ?
I would be very grateful if I could get some helpful information on my problem described below.
It relates to the link between MS and my Genos2 via SysEx.

I have been using MobileSheets (MS) on my Windows 11 notebook for several years. This notebook is connected to my Genos2 keyboard. I display the note PDFs with MS on a larger screen in front of me. Everything has worked great so far and I'm very happy with it.
In December 2023, I replaced my previous Genos with the Genos2. As a result, I have started to revise my registrations (new styles, new voices) and have also renewed large parts of the sheet music PDFs.
When revising the registration files, I used the "Yamaha Registration Manager" (YRM) from Murray Best (version 5.4, with Genos2) to make minor changes to the registrations. Among other things, I changed the transpose settings with the YRM and saved them with the YRM software (SW).

When revising the sheet music, I did not change the file names (PDFs, reg. files in Genos2), and the location of the PDFs for MS under "C:\Users\....\Documents\MobileSheets" is also unchanged.
Previously, I was also able to save revised PDFs under Ducuments\MobileSheets without any problems, the link was unchanged and worked fine too.

After using YRM-SW, however, the link from MS<>Genos2 was no longer available, and editing by a new link was also not possible and successfully done. I therefore had to delete this PDF-file in MS and had to insert it again as a new file, sfterwards the link was usable again.

I would be interested in:
How exactly does the link work with SysEx?
Where exactly are the SysEx commands saved and how (in the Reg. file?)?
Remark: Using a hex editor, I could not find any SysEx entries in the Reg.-structure.
What could be the error or be the cause for this not working link (as described above)?

Thanks for any feedback,
Klaus
Hello Klaus,

When making a link, nothing is stored or changed on the Genos (2). Everything is stored in MobileSheets.
You can visualise the link communication strings of a linked song in MobileSheets by going to the MIDI tab of the edit screen of a linked song. You will see 2 batch commands there (one 'send on load' and one 'load on receive').
If you select one of those batch commands in MS and then select the pen icon at the right of the screen, you will see the content of that batch command in human readable form. By selecting one of the lines in the batch command and again pressing the pen icon (but now in the window), you will see the hex representation of what is actually communicated between MS and Genos.

Changing the name or the location of a linked reg file on Genos, will break the link. 
Please note that changing the icon associated with a reg file, will also change the name of that reg file, and the link will also be broken.

hope this helps

Rudy
Thanks, Rudy, for your advise.
Will check it tomorrow and it's that what I thought about: the sysex commands done by MobileSheets.
But what I wondering about is the fact, that I didn't change any letters from the PDF- / RGT-files (incl. the icon number) at all. 
But I have to check whether the Genos2-internal icon number (which I have chosen for the RGT-file (S694)) has been changed by the Yamaha Registration Programm although the picture of the icon was unchanged a Sunflower. This could explain the broken link in the background.
Klaus