• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
autosize all songs?
I did a search but could not find an answer.

The short version of the question is, "can I make MobileSheets autosize all of the chordpro songs automatically?" I can autosize them individually, but to do this on 10 tablets every time I re-synchronize the libary is a non-starter. I want to synchronize and when I open the newly revised Setlist, every song opens "autosized" to the Android display.

Long version:

My goal is to have my chordpro/MobileSheets songs display the same on various screens so I can do the page changes from my server laptop and it will work for all 10 people in the band. But,  I don't think I fully understand how the display system(s) work.

(I will get to Android in a minute ...) I build my chordpro/Mobilesheets library to fit on a 1366x768 screen. The reason is, I have a bunch of Lenovo Yoga2s (3200x1800), but also some Lenovo Thinkpads (1366x768). The best option I could come up with was to set the Yoga2s to 1366x768 ("detuning" the native resolution). So, all of the Lenovos match, but I don't like my solution very much because it wastes the value of having native 3200x1800 resolution on the Yoga2s.

The next problem is, I apparently bought up all of the cheap used Lenovo 2-in-1s from eBay and I can't find any more of them. These are circa 2014, so no big surprise there, and the batteries are dying.

So, I also have a 10.1" Android tablet with resolution 2560x1600. I have not "detuned" its resolution, nor do I know how to do so. But, when I synchronize (via OneDrive) the fontsize on the Android looks to me to about the same typesize as on the Lenovos. (Which suggests to me I don't have to "detune" the Yoga2 resolution, either, but that is a separate issue).

The problem is, at this size, the line breaks don't match the Lenovos. The lines are too long, so they "wordwrap". I have found that if I set the autosize maximum font correctly and "autosize" via the drop down "A" menu while displaying the song, it will autosize perfectly for the line breaks to match the Lenovos. 

But, as mentioned above, I don't want to manually autosize the songs. I want them to all autosize by default.

And, of course, there is a different problem as well. How do I "un-autosize them" after I autosize them? (There are persons in the band who might consider the resulting autosize way too small and prefer the default setting.)

It's all a puzzlement to me -- I would have expected the songs to display very tiny on a 2560x1600 screen, if I set them up on a 1366x768 screen. (But, I'm kinda glad they don't ...)

And, lastly I will toss out this wrinkle -- I think the most cost-effect replacement solution will be Amazon Fire 10s. Amazon notes that the current FireOS cannot run Google Play Apps, but they have an "app checker" and both MobileSheets and OneDrive apps are available, so they should be compatible with the "system" I've got going now for the band.

None of this would be a problem if I gave everyone their own page turning pedals, but that would be expensive and it is like herding cats. I would much rather turn their pages myself so I know we are all on the "same page". (You have no idea how horrible it was when we were using paper chord/lyric sheets ...)

(Well, or maybe you do ...)

Shy

Thx!

And BTW -- thank you to management for all the ongoing fixes -- my links that are embedded in the chordpro files are now both "clickable" and also correctly open Youtube video pages!
An update for MobileSheets' ChordPro features is planned for a long time. I hope it is coming soon, I'm waiting urgently.
As Mike mentioned here https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...-10514.htm in his post from 2023-09-30 ChordPro files are rendered in future to a fixed page size and scaled afterwards to the availlable screen size. It sounds like this behaviour will fix your issue
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de