• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobilesheets constant crashes
Hi,
I've using MobileSheets for some years now and I'm usually very happy with the constant improvements and support.
Since the last version it has been really problematic for me.
I'm running it on my Surface Pro X with Windows 10 Edition 22H2, 8GB RAM, Microsoft SQ1 @ 3.0 GHz  3.00 GHz Processor.
Even though I did many PC performance improvements like updating, cleaning desktop, I have 80GB free in the drive, etc. Mobilesheets crashes many times when I change pages, try to make annotations, change song in a setlist or whatever action that takes some "effort", but actually only are basic actions.
There's no other software running.
I am sending crashing informs.
I don't know if someone else has a similar problem.
I have many gigs soon and depend on the software fully functioning.
Thanks.
Best wishes,
Julian
You have not provided the version of MobileSheets that you are using. If you have not updated to version 3.8.38, that should resolve most of the issues that have come up over the last few weeks. Just open the Microsoft Store, search for MobileSheets and tap the update button on the store page. You can check your current version by loading MobileSheets, tapping the three dots at the top right, then Settings->About. If you are experiencing issues with version 3.8.38, then please let me know exactly what actions are causing the crash to occur. I have a Surface Pro X myself and can test these things, but I have not experienced any crashes with the latest update. I have also checked the reported crashes for 3.8.38 through Microsoft AppCenter and see very few crashes, and none related to normal use of the application.

Thanks,
Mike
Thank you for your quick response. I thought the update was automatic but indeed I was running 3.8.37. Now with 3.8.38 works much better. I'm glad!
I had much less crashes. Until now one by cropping (all pages of a piece with two files) and one by passing pages (I pressed twice very fast)
Please make sure Settings->About->Enable Crash Reports is turned on. If so, when crashes are generated, they will be sent to Microsoft's AppCenter service, and I will at least get a little bit of information about what caused the crash. 

Thanks,
Mike
(03-27-2024, 05:07 AM)garufo Wrote: Since the last version it has been really problematic for me.
I'm running it on my Surface Pro X with Windows 10 Edition 22H2, 8GB RAM, Microsoft SQ1 @ 3.0 GHz  3.00 GHz Processor.

There's no other software running.

I have many gigs soon and depend on the software fully functioning.

Hope you're making backups and you have backup device with alternative OS other then Windows if you depend on mobilesheets.
I've never had an crashing issue with Android version.
Thanks also otnt for your suggestion. Mike: as I said in the beginning crash reports are enabled.
It may have something to do with the amount of pieces on the setlist, filesize, bluetooth pedal? PC's battery is full, energy mode is maximal, I don't know what else to do.
It still crashes on the same basic functions...
I'm not receiving any concerning crash reports, so I can only assume this means the crashes are occurring in Microsoft's framework itself, deep within their code, so no crash report is generated as a result. If you can reliably recreate a crash with a specific set of actions with a specific song or setlist, please send that list of actions to me along with the exported song or setlist (as a .msf) and I can test it out on my Surface Pro X to see if I can reproduce it. One of my goals is to switch away from the UWP framework to a cross-platform framework called Avalonia. When I complete that work (possibly later this year), that may resolve a lot of these instability issues on ARM devices. Regardless, I generally would not advise using a Windows-based ARM device if stability and performance are critical.

Mike