• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion on Mac?
Any plan to have a Mac version Companion?

Chi
While I would love to add a Mac version of the companion, it would require a complete rewrite, as I would have to switch to a different programming language. I may try to do this later in the year if time allows, but for now, you'll have to use something like Wine if you want to use the Windows version on a Mac.

Mike
Hopefully it helps, when I write here that I too am desperately hoping for a Mac Version of the companion!
Using Hannspad 13.3 inch Android tablet and Pageflip Firefly pedal with MobileSheets for piano.
Same here, would really appreciate a Mac OS app !

Here are some resources that might be interesting :  I am not sure it is relevant to writing .NET for OS X but I thought I'd drop it here Smile
.NET core provides some amount of compatibility but the problem is that the companion app is written in WPF. In order for that to run on Mac, the whole thing would need to be ported to something with cross platform support, such as Xamarin or Mono.
(04-05-2014, 09:14 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: While I would love to add a Mac version of the companion, it would require a complete rewrite, as I would have to switch to a different programming language. I may try to do this later in the year if time allows, but for now, you'll have to use something like Wine if you want to use the Windows version on a Mac.

Mike

I'm sorry, I was hoping for a positive response. Alternatively, you can use a VM, for example, via Parallels Desktop. It's paid, but it works exceptionally well.
Adding a +1 to this request, although appreciate it's not a minor undertaking.

Mike, could you post/link to a tutorial of how to use Wine to run MobileSheets companion on Mac?

Love the app, and personally think you could charge much more for it!
Due to the fact that I'm creating an iOS version of MobileSheets, having a Mac compatible version of the companion app will become necessary. I'm not sure exactly what I approach I will use to port the companion app, but whatever I choose, it will probably be a cross-platform solution so that I can also hopefully support Linux.

Mike
(02-20-2021, 08:30 AM)That's exciting news. Do you foresee the companion apps being cross-compatible (ie Mac companion app to Android tablet). E-ink is the only reason I'm going for an android tablet - everything else I own is apple!Zubersoft Wrote: Due to the fact that I'm creating an iOS version of MobileSheets, having a Mac compatible version of the companion app will become necessary. I'm not sure exactly what I approach I will use to port the companion app, but whatever I choose, it will probably be a cross-platform solution so that I can also hopefully support Linux.

Mike
Yes, the Mac companion will be able to connect to an Android or Windows 10 device, and the Windows 10 companion will be able to connect to an iPad.