• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug (?): Annotations disappear when using page order
Hi Mike

I use annotations (e.g. fingering) with my scores. When these annotations are done, I may then change the page order to jump back for repetitions (e.g. 1-2,1-4). This works fine.

The problem starts when as soon as I add more annotations on the pages that have to repeated AFTER having changed the page order. At the first pass these annotations are shown, at the second pass they're not. To be very clear, this is an example:
  • Load a three pages score
  • Add text "A1" to the first page, add a text "B1" to the second page, add text "C1" to the third page.
  • Change the page order from 1-3 to 1-2,1-3
  • Scroll through the pages, annotations ar shown correctly.
  • Go to page 1, then add text "A2" to the first page, add a text "B2" to the second page, add text "C2" to the third page. Note that you have to cycle through pages 1 and two to get to th third page, which makes sense.
  • Now when you scroll through the pages, at the first pass you see A1 and A2 on page 1 as well as B1 and B2 on page 2. At the second pass you see A1 resp B1 only.

Now, that may be by design as it allows to have different annotations for pass 1 and pass 2 of the pages concerned. I fail to imagine a use case for that feature. In contrast, when adding fingerings to pages that are repeated it would be pain in the a** to be forced to enter it twice. Clearly you would use the same fingering on both passes.

Please comment. The only workaround I can think of is to reset the page order to its default state, then adding the fingerings, then modify the page order again. I think this is a nuisance as it interrupts me when working on the fingerings.

Thanks for your attention and best regards
Michael (latest version of MSPro, Windows 10)
There are use case scenarios for having different annotations on a duplicated page. Off the top of my head:

1) Inserting different lyrics at different points in a song
2) Cropping pages to different parts and only annotating those parts

If you want your annotations to be applied to every instance of a page, just embed them in the page itself. Go into the annotation editor, tap the three dots at the top right and tap "Embed annotations". You can then delete the annotations off the duplicated page instances, and only make changes on the first page and embed them when you are done. Then every instance of that page will have the same annotations.

I don't have an easier solution for this at the moment. If more users comment and say they want a way to basically apply annotation changes to every instance of a duplicated page, then that's something I can work on as an option in the annotation editor. 

Mike