• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pages Turn On Their Own
I use MS on an Android tablet. Lately it has started to change pages without any input from me. It does this regardless of whether I use a page turner or not. 
Irritating at home annoying during performance. What might be happening here?
I may have changed a setting accidentally, but it doesn't happen all the time so I doubt it.
There is definitely some kind of malfunction occurring on the device if you are seeing that occur. Does your tablet have a 4G/5G SIM card? If so, please try removing that, as that can cause weird behaviors like what you are describing. If not, if you turn off WiFI and bluetooth, does that prevent the issue from occurring? Hopefully we can figure this out, because the only other guaranteed fix that I can think of is factory resetting the device.

Mike
(05-08-2024, 08:28 PM)Stewb Wrote: I use MS on an Android tablet. Lately it has started to change pages without any input from me. It does this regardless of whether I use a page turner or not. 
Irritating at home annoying during performance. What might be happening here?
I may have changed a setting accidentally, but it doesn't happen all the time so I doubt it.

How clean is your screen?
I've found that a small amount of oil/moisture/whatever can sometimes cause erratic behaviour with touch screens.  It may well be some combination of contaminants, but a little bit of moisture seems to be particularly annoying.  Is it very humid where you are at the moment?
You might also try adjusting the touch sensitivity (if you have that option).
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X
Make sure the ’face gesture’ feature is not activated.