• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About restore
I was using the companion app and accidentally deleted a song, so I tried to restore it from a backup I made yesterday, but an error message appeared and I could not restore it. 

[error message].
java.io.YTFDataFormatException:malformed input: partial charavter at end
The library is no longer available.

[Restore Method]
Restore method: from local files
Restore to: MS storage 

1 I uninstalled MS and reinstalled it and still get the same error.
2 After restarting the tablet, I uninstalled MS and reinstalled it, but the same error message appears.
3 I changed the backup to the one made the day before yesterday and still get the same error.

Android13 SDK v33,MS8.43 from Google play ,Device C9

Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I responded to your email, but please share the backup file with mike@zubersoft.com so I can take a look at it. I'm not sure what the nature of the error is, but I'm concerned it's a database corruption error (which would be very problematic).

Thanks,
Mike
(05-13-2024, 05:08 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I responded to your email, but please share the backup file with mike@zubersoft.com so I can take a look at it. I'm not sure what the nature of the error is, but I'm concerned it's a database corruption error (which would be very problematic).

Thanks,
Mike

The backup file is approximately 2.2 Gbytes.

Additional information.
1 I did not use the companion app until April.
  The backup file was downloaded to the PC (via USB connection) and uploaded from the PC to the tablet (via USB connection) and restored successfully.

2 Since May, I have noticed the convenience of the companion app and have been using it (Wi-Fi connection). (Wi-Fi connection) All the backup files I have now are created with the companion app.

3 I tried to restore with the companion app, but an error occurred and I could not restore, so I transferred the backup file created with the companion app to my tablet (USB connection) and restored it.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Thank you - I removed the link as I don't want anyone else to download it. So just to clarify - the problem only occurs when using the companion app? I can limit my testing to that?

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike

Thank you for removing the link.

1 I am not sure if the companion app is the cause, I have backed up and restored 38M bytes of data via the companion app and it works fine.

2 I created 38M bytes of data locally and restored it and it is fine.

3 I created 38M bytes of data with the companion app, transferred it to the tablet via USB, and restored it, and it is normal.

I can say that I backed up the files that were causing the problem with the companion app.
I can only say that this backup file has an error whether I restore it with the companion app or transfer it via USB. 

Thanks,
Yasumasa

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Hi Mike

I have a concert tomorrow, so I was trying to restore the data before then and was re-setting from the scan data when this happened again.

I was trying to restore the data to the MS installed on my phone, and if it restored correctly, I was OK and set the next data.

During the restoration process, I got the same error.

We are trying to narrow down which part of the work is causing this phenomenon.

It may take some time to narrow it down. I will contact you when I find out.

Thank you
Yasumasa
Hi Mike

I was able to reproduce it.

1 Normal DB Restore this.

2 Add 6 files to stamp user.
3 Backup the files.

4 Restore.
[The restore process is delayed to the extreme end. Ignore it] error and the restore process is extremely slow and the song is not set.

5 You will probably get the previous error if you do the following.

Thanks,
Futamura
I followed your directions and everything worked perfectly fine. I restored the backup file you provided, added the 6 stamps, backed up the library, restored that new backup file and it completed with no error. This was all done on the tablet - I was not using the companion app for anything. So just to confirm - if you do all of this on the tablet, you encounter the error you mentioned? I'm going to repeat the tests on my S8 Ultra (this was tested on my Galaxy Tab S4).

Thanks,
Mike
The problem also did not occur on my S8 Ultra. I also tested with the companion app and encountered no errors. So I'm at a loss to explain what you are seeing. I believe the error is occurring while MobileSheets is reading data out of the .msb file and it tries to read out a string (such as a song title, file path, etc), and the data does not represent a valid string, so Google's reader object throws the exception you are seeing. I do not know why your device is encountering the error but my devices are not. It may have to due with the handling of the Japanese characters on your device. Can you please provide a link to a description of the device you are using? I'm not familiar with the C9.

Mike
Hi

I have changed the name of the file to be added to the stamp's User to alphabetic characters and the error no longer occurs.
Thank you very much.

Yasumasa
I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue by doing that. It's very strange that your device has an error with kanji characters, but none of my tablets seem to have a problem with that. 

Mike
(05-16-2024, 03:08 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue by doing that. It's very strange that your device has an error with kanji characters, but none of my tablets seem to have a problem with that. 

Mike

Hi
I have confirmed that this phenomenon also occurs on other models.
My tablet and 'OPPO Reno5A android 12'.

I will send you an email with the procedure and a link to the data.
The video is long, please watch at double speed.

Thanks
Hi Mike
We were able to reproduce the song with one piece of data, so we are uploading the URL here.

The steps are
1 Restore Test2.db.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gf8z5FS...drive_link
2 Add one Japanese icon to the USER of the stamp.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_xDHKYY...drive_link
3 Make a backup.
4 Restore the backup.
5 The song name is displayed, but the data (sheet music) is gone.

The same phenomenon occurs on my tablet and smartphone 'OPPO Reno5A android 12', so I don't think it is a model-specific problem.

Yhanks Yasumasa

Additional Information
The common denominator between the two models is 'Android 12'.
Thanks, I'll look into it using the files you've provided as soon as I can.

Mike