• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequent "failed to connect" on "Connect Tablets"
Longtime user, love the app. We use several Fire tablets at numerous gigs, having a master with a setlist that controls the other tablets. It works pretty well on bluetooth, but in crowded venues often loses connection. We have a dedicated 5.8 modem for our digital pa and I would like to use that to connect the tablets via wifi.

I often have trouble connecting. I create a new leader on the master "Fire Tablet black". I see the device group name on the slave tablet. I select "join group", and get the message "failed to connect to Fire Tablet black". I have a stable wireless network and both are connected to that wifi. 

I also try this on my home network and often get the same issue.

Any suggestions?
Without knowing more, the only thing I can think of is that some of the networking resources may be in a bad state. If you don't currently do this, it might be a good idea to force close the app (tap the recent icon, swipe MobileSheets off the screen) before starting a performance where you need to utilize the connect tablets feature. This will just ensure you have a clean slate. Can you try this on your home network and see if this has any impact on the ability to connect the tablets?

Mike
Something a bit random must be happening. I just turned on two tablets (which I had yesterday connected with bluetooth), changed the connection type to wifi, and the second tablet connected this time. So it's going to be very difficult to figure out why this is happening! If it happens again, I'll try your suggestion.
It happened again at a gig. I had tested it at home on my home network and it was fine. Got to the gig, fired up my dedicated 5.8 modem, and it failed. I closed the app and attempted again, no dice. I went with bluetooth and it fortunately did work. Came home, turned off my home wifi, booted the dedicated gig modem, AND TABLETS CONNECTED! Still stumped why this is happening randomly. Gigs are a bit stressful so I might be missing a step. I'll keep trying....
Some tablets won't stay connected to a router if there is no internet connection. When you set up the 5.8 modem at the gig, does it have internet connectivity? If not, the devices may be dropping the connection as a result. Some devices have settings to control this under the WiFi section of the tablet settings, some don't.

Mike