• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
page edit applies to all ppge uses
Have  a song that repeats all over the place multiple times. Ive duplicated the page use in files, page order and have (previously) edited these pages individualy with crops and cuts, to display what I required.
Just attempted this with another song, where i require two copies of one page for a repeat,  but now, any  editing undertaken on the second page occurance is also relected on the first occurance. 
Have any changes been made to this area ?
Tried on a windows installation and the latter effect occurs, dont know if this behavioue applied previously to windows.
Samsung S8 Ultra, 14.6",Android14. Genos 1
I'm assuming when you say "editing", you are referring to annotations. If you use the snipping tool and use "cut" to generate white rectangles or paste any images, these are embedded in the underlying PDF, so it will show up on every instance of a page. If you are not using those features, annotations will not be embedded unless you explicitly selected the "Embed annotations" option or enabled the option to automatically embed annotations. If you did use the snipping tool, if you don't want the PDF to be edited, you can't use that tool. Alternatively, go to the rearrange pages screen, tap the three dots at the top right and select "Update PDF with current page order". The PDF will be replaced with a new version that only uses the pages from the page order, and it will flatten the page order (so it becomes 1 to the last page). Then you can modify each page without it impacting any others.

Mike
Mike
Not sure what ive done  with respect to your reply. I'll temail 3 images, showing the "files" have not been renumbered and then 2 of page 23, with different 'edits' which i'm sure that i used cut. this is in the same database as the one I cannot do the same thing with.  are you able , from them, able to tell me just what im doing differently  please.
Everything looks fine as long as you aren't using the "Cut" option with the snipping tool. If you use that, then it's going to impact both instances of page 21. Instead, you have to use the square tool to just draw a white rectangle (you can save this as a favorite) if you want to white out a section of the page without it impacting other pages. This behavior changed several updates back because users were running into an issue if they cut something and then tried to paste something on top of the white rectangle. This used to be impossible because the pasted image would be saved in the PDF and would be drawn underneath the white rectangle. So the behavior was changed so that the white rectangle is also saved in the PDF so that pasted images can be placed on top of it. These changes impact all instances of a page though. 

Mike
OK thanks Mike, lol thought I was going daft! New way works like a dream, so do favourites.