• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlight or Mark Song in Setlist?
Hi, I'm just trying to work out if the following is possible and can't find anything...

Is it possible to highlight, or mark in some way, the title/filename of a song in the setlist window? But only in a way that is specific to that setlist.

When I gig, there might be a bunch of songs that the client has specifically requested me to include, with the rest being ones I have put in. It would be great if, when viewing the setlist, there was some way these spcial songs could be differentiated. That way, if I make alterations to the set on the fly, I can ensure I prioritise the requested songs.
I have seen the 'setlist notes' feature, but this seems to put the note into the song file, ie. once the song is open, rather than see the song differentiated as part of the set list.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Kind Regards
Rob
The only way I can think of is to use the "sources" metadata field and use  settings/library settings/song title formatting to display this field.

When the client has specified specific songs, edit the song metadata and set the sources to Requested or what ever you want.

After the gig, use a filter to identify/select all songs with this value and perform an single edit to remove this value from the selected songs (ready for the next gig) .  I suppose you could just select all songs (long press one song and use floating dialog to select all songs) then do the edit to remove the chosen word 

Someone else might have a better idea

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
A number of users have asked for the ability to highlight or color songs in setlists. Adding support for that is on my very large list of things to do. It will probably be included in version 3.11.0 or one of the minor updates after that.

Mike
"Rating" might be faster than "Sources" (as proposed before). It's just a few clicks.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Rating will work but that is just a number and still requires song title formatting; using sources is more versatile as it can display multiple values

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
To be displayed in lists both "Sources" and "Rating" require song title formatting. Both can be used for filtering. Sources allows any text value to be selected from the drop down list, rating is significantly faster to be set.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Thanks for the replies. The option to highlight or colour a song in a future update would be ideal.
I wanted to be sure there wasn't something already that I was missing.
In the meantime I'll look into the other options recommended. Thanks.