• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import
Just found another problem to do with the import of tunes.

I select "Import" then "Google Drive" get error "Cannot access "" ". It had been working fine previous. I press OK and it continues to the drive folder.
I have two drive folders so  I have been able to switch between both Drives, but now I cannot do this. I'vetried everything I can think off without success, including switching Drive account in the Drive app but I cannot get it to switch in MS.
Any ideas?

regards

Andrew
Hello Andrew,

I'm sorry to hear you are suddenly running into issues with Google Drive access. I'm really surprised you are encountering this problem with the iPad version, as I haven't changed any code related to Google Drive recently. I'd like you to do the following:

1) Create a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library and save this someplace safe
2) Uninstall MobileSheets
3) Reinstall MobileSheets
4) Restore the library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup
5) Try using the Google Drive integration again

I just want to see if this puts things back into a good state. 

Mike
Mike,
I followed your instructions and saved to local files. I uninstalled and reinstalled MS . I then tried to  reinstall database but it said  the file was corrupt so I could not recover my database.

On the plus side I can access Drive again  but back to square on, having to set up preferences and loading on all my files  Sad

Alcluith
Mike

just as a follow up  after restoring my database I tried to Back up to local folder, it all seamed to work but when tried to restore from folder it said it was corrupted. I then Backed up to my Google drive  and it backed up fie and I was able to restore from that. SO it looks like backup to local folder is not working properly.

The original problem of changing  drive on import does not seam to be able to change between drives

Andrew
I have never heard of the backup to local file not working. I do that all the time and it works just fine on my iPad Pro. What destination were you selecting on the iPad itself? 

I also just tested switching drives on my iPad Pro and it worked just fine. I could import files from either drive without issue. Are you saying this is still not working for you?

Thanks,
Mike
I just backed up to a folder on the iPad storage, then restored that backup without issue. Definitely reboot the device if you haven't done that in a while... I have no idea why you are seeing such drastic differences from me. Do you have the latest iOS updates? 

Mike
Mike

Thanks for coming back to me. I found that for some reason the The backup folder was in the deleted section and the backup was being saved to that  folder. 
 I had to recover the backup older and it is now working fine. It may have been that previously I had deleted the MS app and all the associated folders from my iPad.
I recently loaded the app up again and started to use it.  Maybe the app was still seeing the old backup folder and saving to that. 
Anyway its working fine both to Google Drive and local folder.
All good now.

Alcluith
Glad to hear that Alcluith. Thanks for following up.

Mike