• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I have to buy Mobile Sheets again?
I bought Mobile Sheets on Google Play some years ago, but never really used it on my small mobile screen. As MS was not on ios and I was already using OnSong on my iPad I stayed with that, as I have always had it setup for auto 2 way switching between songs and registrations on previous Tyros's and then on the Genos.

Now with a Genos 2 and it's problems with some sort of changed midi implementation, it is all getting to much to make work OnSong reliably, and I am tempted by changing completely to Mobile Sheets.

I read that having purchased on one platform, i.e. Android, I could also use it on ios and also in windows. Is this right? Do I have to sign in somewhere? Am I missing something?

The ios app will not let me download my small example MS library, saved to Google Drive from the Android app, without buying the app again on ios, so I am a bit confused

I have searched but cannot find an answer to this, or if there is one?

Any help appreciaated

Cheers, Andy
I'm not sure where you read that, but that is not the case. A separate purchase is required per platform as MobileSheets is sold through different app stores managed by different companies for each platform (Google Play, Microsoft Store, Apple App Store). A separate purchase is not required if you purchased on Android and wanted to install on a second Android device for personal use, for example.

Mike
Ok, thanks
Update - I now have the ios version for my iPad. Amazing program, well worth the upgrade, and for me so far, it's 'knocking spots' off OnSong which I've used for the past 10 years or so,  in terms of reliability and usability
You probably know already, but in case you have missed it, MobileSheets also supports linking music scores in MobileSheets to registration files on Genos, litterary at the touch of a button. Super easy. And the link works both ways.
Yes thanks a lot, I’ve already set it up and transferred my whole library of songs across from OnSong & linked them without issue.
It was always a hit & miss process I found with OnSong on my previous Tyros’s & Genos, with its more involved both-way linking process.

It was because my new Genos2 and Yamaha MDBT 01 Bluetooth Midi Adapter was failing to connect with it as before, as did Songbook+ which I also tried, coupled with my then becoming aware that Mobile Sheets was now on iOS and available on my iPad, that prompted the change. Plus, linking it all over wifi Network Session rather than Bluetooth is a game changer.

Another benefit is that I’ve now got the Genos2 registrations in alphabetical order rather than numbered with an attached program change midi file to each one as was originally required some years ago in OnSong to make it work
No looking back ………