• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPad Sync library doesn't add a new song.
Well, never mind.  I didn't explore either "Check for updated files..." or "Search for new files... (slow)".  Actually, they're both slow.
Greetings,

I created a directory, "sync_library", in Dropbox.  Then I ran "Sync Library ->Synchronize to a cloud folder" and let MobileSheets create a synced library in that Dropbox directory.  Then I added a PDF to the Dropbox directory and reran "Sync Library ->Synchronize to a cloud folder" with the "Add new songs" option checked.  MobileSheets ran the function, however, the new PDF was not copied over from Dropbox into MobileSheets.

Ultimately I want to maintain a Dropbox directory with my PDFs and have it sync to MobileSheets, adding and deleting files as they change in the Dropbox directory.

Any Ideas?
MobileSheets will not delete songs in the library if files are deleted in the Dropbox folder. That's not how that feature is designed to work. There is not a one-to-one correlation of files to songs in MobileSheets (multiple songs can share the same file), and songs can have multiple files in them. So a simple file-based sync is not applicable. That is why MobileSheets uploads a copy of the entire library and database to the sync folder so that comparisons can be done to see how the two libraries differ. It's generally much better to just import the file on your tablet, then sync the change to the Dropbox folder. An automatic sync option will be added later this year or early next year (I have a lot of other things to finish first).

If you enable the option to "Search for new files..." this will pick up new PDFs, but that is so much slower than just importing files normally that I would not recommend it.

Mike
OK.  Ultimately I want to maintain a Dropbox directory with my PDFs and have it sync to MobileSheets, adding and deleting files as they change in the Dropbox directory.  Does MobileSheets have an update function that makes its database mirror what is in a given Dropbox directory? 
No, it currently does not. That's not something I ever plan on supporting due to aspects I explained previously (there isn't a one-to-one correlation of songs to files) and the fact that if you renamed a file, for example, MobileSheets wouldn't know you did that, and it would think you deleted the old song and created a new one, and you'd instantly lose all your annotations, bookmarks, smart buttons, link points, etc. You can certainly just batch import the same Dropbox directory multiple times to pull in new files though (some users like to operate this way). You'd have to manually delete songs in MobileSheets though.

Mike