• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insert pages from another piece
Hi,

Is there a way of say copying/cutting the last three pages of a piece and then inserting them into a different piece? Ideally keeping the annotations. I know you can snippet, then export pdf and then re import back in but that doesn’t keep the annotations live and seems a very long way round to do a simple task!

Thanks
Ben
Yes you can:

1) Long press the song on the library screen to select it, then tap "Edit Song" at the top of the screen
2) On the files tab, tap the page order field
3) On the rearrange pages screen, scroll to the last thumbnail, tap the three dots at the bottom right corner of that thumbnail and tap "Insert File From Library". 
4) Select the piece you want to merge into this one
5) Remove all of the pages you don't want (either modify the page order manually or remove the unnecessary thumbnails).

Mike
Thanks. Unfortunately, when I search for a file in the add file menu MobileSheets crashes/closes suddenly. If you manually scroll through and find the file it does work but it does not copy the annotations. This was the main reason for doing this to save time writing them all in again… Is there a work around?
When you said, "Keeping the annotations", I thought you meant for the current song, not the one whose file you are embedding. In that case, long press the song whose file you want to add on the library screen, tap Share->Export files, then select a destination. Then on the rearrange pages screen, tap "Add File", and select the PDF that was exported. The annotations will be embedded in it, so then you can just remove the unnecessary pages. 

Mike
Thanks. That does work but should I need to edit the annotations that I just imported in the file to rub out one mark it then removes the whole line of annotations or random other bit of annotations not related to what I erased. The app is great and looking forward to more of the bugs being resolved and if there was a more seamless way of doing these tasks that would be great.
That is not a bug - it's most likely just related to the optimizations surrounding freeform annotations. If you go into the annotations editor, tap the settings icon and uncheck "Combine freeform annotations", then every stroke will be treated as a separate annotation. This is much less efficient, but if you need that level of control, then you can work that way. If you use the eraser tool, it shouldn't be removing anything outside of what you dragged over (assuming you have set the eraser to the drag over mode).

Mike
Thank you! I have now unchecked that box so in future it all should work well! It would be great in the future if you could select pages in the reorder tab to then bulk delete or copy/paste into other files, but I realise that may be a bit tricky. Thanks so much for your help. Ben