• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ideas to improve page reordering/selection
Apologies in advance if there's a way to handle this that I haven't figured out yet...

I'm involved in several groups where we tend to keep songs together containing multiple parts in one file (which comes in handy, for instance, if you need to cover for someone else). So I'm frequently importing a file with several parts, and then selecting the pages that I want to include for the part I usually play.

A problem I run into with the "reordering pages" view is that the thumbnails are too small (even on a 12" tablet) for me to be sure where certain parts begin and end.

A few ideas of things that might help:
  • Allow the number/size of thumbnails in this view to be configurable (maybe with a slider somewhere, or just pinch-zoom)?
  • Have a way to select certain pages to easily "hide" pages from in a larger view where it would be easier to tell what the pages show (e.g., in the main music view, or in the "files" view when editing (the view where you can select to edit cropping for a page).

Another thing that might be nice to have: in the "reordering pages" view, have an option to "show hidden pages" to allow pages that had been hidden in error to be quickly toggled back to visible. (also useful for covering someone else's part at a gig...)

In general this is one of the most-used apps on my tablet! So just a few ideas about how it might be even more useful to me...
The "rearange pages" is not the only way to do this.
Have a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOZ5CO00nRk

Maybe there is  already a solution for you.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Thanks, I was also aware of the ability to select certain pages using the list of page numbers/ranges.

Part of where this gets frustrating is where I may have a PDF with multiple songs, each with multiple parts. So of a 16-page document, I may need pages 1, 4-5, 8, 10-11. But I have to look through all of the pages to see which ones I want, and either the single page view that takes up about 1/2 of the files tab doesn't let me see more than one at a time (and each time I would have to go into the page selection field to update), or the rearrange pages view lets me see several, but they are so small it's hard to know which ones to include/exclude.
I think another user also asked for a way to control the thumbnail size, so I'll look into that. I'll probably add a popup with a slider to control this. It will require reworking a number of things though, as the current size is statically defined in a number of spots, in order to ensure that the icons at the bottom fit in a way that didn't look odd. So I'll either have to increase the spacing between the icons, or keep them center aligned regardless of the thumbnail size.

Mike