• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying Scrolling Status
I'm working with multiple pages using vertical scrolling (setting delay and total time). In this case it is very important not to forget starting scrolling, before starting to play the music. Sometimes, especially during live performance, I forget it, which can cause subsequent problems. And frequently - after starting to play - I'm wondering during the delay time, if I have started scrolling or not.
Now my question:  is there any possibility to permanently display the scrolling status (e.g. "scrolling active" or a red dot or something, which doesn't need too much space on the screen) ?
Adding a scrolling status indicator is something that is certainly planned, as other users have requested it as well. I'm not sure which update this is going to be included with, but I'm thinking it may be after 3.10.0.

Mike
(06-20-2024, 03:14 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Adding a scrolling status indicator is something that is certainly planned, as other users have requested it as well. I'm not sure which update this is going to be included with, but I'm thinking it may be after 3.10.0.

Mike

ok, thank you, Mike! Looking forward seeing the feature asap  Rolleyes
I used to have this problem because I used very long delays (150ish secs). As the bottom of the page loomed, I never knew if I had started the scrolling,

I have now changed most of the few songs that scroll so that they display a button about 2/3rds down the screen (caption Scroll, set to start/stop scrolling). This, with a short delay makes it fairly obvious if it is not active.

You could just use a touch area to toggle the scrolling but, as most of my songs are single page, I forget which area it is.
Also, the button acts as a reminder to start the scrolling. If required you could use a button and a touch aea to control scrolling.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(06-20-2024, 03:43 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: I used to have this problem because I used very long delays (150ish secs). As the bottom of the page loomed, I never knew if I had started the scrolling,

I have now changed most of the few songs that scroll so that they display a button about 2/3rds down the screen (caption Scroll, set to start/stop scrolling). This, with a short delay makes it fairly obvious if it is not active.

You could just use a touch area to toggle the scrolling but, as most of my songs are single page, I forget which area it is.
Also, the button acts as a reminder to start the scrolling. If required you could use a button and a touch aea to control scrolling.

Geoff

Thank you for this workaround, Geoff (including the drawback, that I have to interrupt my playing for a short moment, to start scrolling).