• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sizing on Windows and MobileSheets Storage Location
Hi, 

1. Initial Display Size: MobileSheets always starts maximized. 
  • Is there a setting to open it to the smaller size (which is set when you click the 4 opposing arrows in the lower right menu)? I am happy to regedit or hex edit if necessary. 

2. Display ratio: I have plans to perhaps buy the Samsung S9 (16x10 screen) as it is a lot cheaper than the ipad (4x3 screen). I currently have a second gen ipad and everything looks good. Any thoughts on stretching the sheets to fit 16x10 rather than having black lines across the bottom of the sheets? This is mentioned a couple of times in https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...ht=samsung
  • Is there a setting that would adapt to the new screen ratio, or is it just a case of black bars when displaying the music? 
  • There was a comment: "  I set my alignment to top, turn on Show Library Window, and park my set list or song list down in the empty space." but I don't really know what that means. 
3. Storage Location: My Windows 11 default location is: C:\Users\AndyT\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState
I am using a data drive and directory: D:\MobileSheets. This is frequently backed up, whereas C isn't. 
I am just about to start loading the app, but I have read some posts where you recommend to "leave it as managed" 
  • I would really like to use my data drive as that is backed up frequently but am I going to run into problems? 
  • Any issues when I start to export/import libraries between say windows and android/ios? 
  • Is there something else that I am missing

Thanks 

- Andy
1) Uncheck Settings->Display Settings->Fullscreen mode. It will then start up at the same size you previously had it. 

2) Switch the page scaling mode to full screen. This video covers changing the page scaling mode: https://youtu.be/WXVGHa96ssw

3) The Windows version is always managed - you can't turn that off. You can just change the storage location. Please note that your database file is still stored under C:\Users\AndyT\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState even if you change the storage location to another folder. This is due to limitations with the SQLite library when used in a UWP application. The database file is the most important thing as it has all of the information for your entire library, annotations, link points, bookmarks, metadata such as setlists, etc. So you'll want to make sure you backup mobilesheets.db regularly if you are manually doing this. Also, you should create periodic backups using Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library to safeguard your library.

There are no issues with going between Windows and Android/iOS. Just don't uncheck the "Let MobileSheets Manage my Files" in the Android version if you want to seamlessly move the database file between versions without relying on the built-in backup or sync features.

Mike
Mike 

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to respond to my newbie questions. I really do appreciate it. 

- Andy
Sure thing! I'm always happy to help.

Mike
I manage my library myself and it works fine, see
https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...-8144.html
https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...-8767.html
https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...10834.html

My files are in GoogleDrive, Google's "Drive for Desktop" syncs scores and fakebooks between my Windows devices.
On my Android devices I sync scores and fakebooks with FolderSync Pro https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...rsync.full between GoogleDrive and the MobileSheets storage location that I specified.
All scores and fakebooks are in an identical (relative) folder structure inside the MobileSheets storage location on all devices.
I maintain MobileSheets database(s) on a Windows device and copy them manually to other devices, both Windows and Android, where I want to use them. As paths are stored as relative paths within the database copying works fine between Android and Windows, I never tried Apple devices.
I make frequent backups of my scores and fakebooks folder/subfolder tree and of C:\...\ 41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState
I do not use the MobileSheets sync features.

@Mike: you wrote
Just don't uncheck the "Let MobileSheets Manage my Files" in the Android version if you want to seamlessly move the database file between versions without relying on the built-in backup or sync features.
Is that a typo? On my Android devices "Let MobileSheets Manage my Files" is OFF to work as described.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

No, it's not a typo. If you turn that off on Android, and then import files from outside the storage location, the absolute file path is stored in the database. That file path would not work at all on the Windows device then. If you turn off that setting and then import files from within the storage location, then they will be stored relative to the storage location, but then there is no difference as to whether you have "Let MobileSheets Manage my Files" turned on or off, as with it turned on, it won't relocate files that are imported from under the storage location.

Mike
Good to know, thanks.
I was not affected by that difference because my current main device runs Windows and I never have scores in the root of the MobikeSheets folder, all my scores are organized in subfolders of the MobileSheets directory.
But it might become relevant as soon as I use an Android device as my main device.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de