• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Layers still selectable
Hi, 

On a file I’m currently working on I have 4 layers, I’m noting down actors’ blocking so I’m adding stamps of ground plans on one layer, then moving to a separate blocking layer where I’m placing little dot stamps and arrows. However, when I press a dot or an arrow to move it the app always selects the ground plan instead which is on a different, not currently selected layer. Is this a deliberate feature that elements on all layers are always selectable regardless of which layer you’re editing or is it a bug? And if it is deliberate, is it possible to either lock an element or embed an individual element into the PDF? Can’t just hide the layer because I need to be able to see the ground plan so I know where I’m putting people! 

Cheers
Yes, at the moment, MobileSheets allows annotations on any layer to be selected. If users think it should not behave this way, and only annotations on the active layer should be selectable, I can certainly look into changing that. I could also make this configurable if some users want it one way while other users want it the other way. It's not currently possible to only embed an individual annotation - that is something I want to support though. At the moment, you'd have to embed every annotation. For now, you'll need to drop the annotation beside the other annotation, then use the nudge tool to move it on top of the other annotation.

Mike
Thanks for getting back to me, Mike! Yeah for me having the option to only select on the current layer would be the most useful so the configurable option would be amazing!
My use case is slightly different but I run into the same issue. I frequently create 3 layers to more easily sing play from sheet music. The top layer is called cover and I use it hide the chord symbols that show beyond the edges of my annotated chords and lyrics in layers 2 and 3. I make larger, easier to read chords and lyrics over the top of the existing ones.

When switching to the second page the layer often changes back to the top, even though I've been working on a different one on the previous page. Many times, I will have to copy, delete and paste a whole bunch of chords or lyrics to the correct layer, afterwards, if I didn't catch it.

I face the same problem when making corrections and trying to select text boxes or stamps on just one layer. If I need to adjust the position of a chord stamp in layer 2 the whole covering box behind the stamp that stretches across all the fingering boards in layer 1 is also automatically selected. My workaround is to hide layer 1 then unhide after making the adjustment, but being able to choose at any given time which layers should be selectable, with out having to hide them would be so much better.