• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(android/ChromeOS))Sync/Import to Google Drive - stopped working..
Hi,
within the last few days, sync to and import from google cloud have stoped working for me on ChromeOS.
The Drive app is installed and that works.
I tried Dropbox and that worked (I don't have enough space to acutally use it)
I think I've synced since the last OS update but not 100% sure. Otherwise everything is upto date.
I've tried force stopped the app and flushed the cache... no help.

Just me?
Any ideas?
PS
I recently enabled googles new "Advanced Protection Program - if that might have had some impact... I haven't noticed any impacty as yet.
Yes, the "Advanced Protection Program" breaks the Google Drive integration, as it enforces restrictions that don't work with Google's own Google Drive library. Not much I can do about that I'm afraid. This same problem affects other apps, as you can read about here:

https://community.cryptomator.org/t/prob...am/4972/11

One user said the Advanced Protection Program cut off all third party apps. I tested with another user and Google's library indicated an error of "ServiceDisabled" when Advanced Protection Program was enabled. 

This link had a response directly from Google: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7434...-signed-in

Google stated:

This error message needs to be updated, and you should see an updated message in the near future. Accounts that are part of the Advanced Protection Program can only use Google apps and a few non-Google mail apps today. There's no action required from app developers; Advanced Protection account cannot access the app today, even though it is verified.

Advanced Protection Program limits access to only Google apps for Google Drive access.

Mike
Well, that's diagnosed, good and proper!
Cheers.

So it's unlikely that MS will ever get access to an APP enabled account's data and I'd have to disable it APP... Or not use Google Drive?
I don't feel that Google made this clear through APP enrollment!

I can only imagine your frustration. I sympathise.
So, I have a secondary gmail account. I disabled left the Advanced Denial of Service Program for that account - and it all works fine.
That is correct - you have to disable it if you want to use the Google Drive integration, or you can use Import->System File Browser to import through the Google Drive app.

Mike