• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation with Apple Pencil
Hello,

I purchased the Apple Pencil (yes, I spent the big bucks) for my iPad Air 3rd generation, and it works on other apps that I have on my iPad.  However, I can't write in fingering and letters for notes as I would like to do.  Any suggestions for how to get this to work?  I have been a PC user most of my life, and though I have had the iPad Air for 3 to 4 years, I have not used it a great deal so am not that familiar with the Apple systems.

Thank you.
I answered your email, but I'll also post that response here:

Normally, the only thing you would need to do is load a song or piece, then hover or place the Apple Pencil on the screen and MobileSheets should switch to the annotations editor to let you annotate. If this does not happen, tap your finger in the center of the screen while viewing your score. If this turns the page, it means performance mode is enabled. To disable performance mode, tap the lock icon in the floating toolbar at the bottom right corner of the library screen. This same toggle can be accessed by tapping the bottom right corner of the screen while a song is loaded to display the quick action box. Then you should be able to use your pencil to start annotating as I described, or you can tap the center of the screen to bring up the overlay and tap the pencil icon at the top left to start annotating. Also, a three finger tap is assigned as a shortcut to annotate by default (this is adjusted under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions).

I should also mention that Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Enter Annotation Mode with Stylus Input is the setting that controls whether MobileSheets will instantly start annotating if an Apple Pencil hovers over the screen or touches it. Hovering is only supported with certain Apple tablets such as the newer iPad Pro models.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike
Thank you, Mike, and I also replied to your email.  Your suggestions were very helpful!