• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library Synchronisation questions
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased mobile sheets and I have some questions regarding library synchronisation.

I use a DropBox folder to store the song-PDFs. I use my iPad to make sheet annotations (which are stored locally in the MobileSheets Database and not in the PDFs). In case of updates, I replace the PDF in the DropBox Folder with the updated one and do a library synchronisation.
In order to not loose my annotations which I did locally, I always select manually, which files/information shall be kept and which files/information shall be overwritten during synchronisation.
Q1) Is there a way to set this up such that synchronisation direction for PDFs will always be from DropBox to the iPad device and synchronisation direction for the annotations will always be from iPad device to DropBox ?

The other thing is that my DropBox Synchronisation folder is currently flat and contains TenorSax-only sheets, AltSax-only Sheets and Multi-Instrument-Sheets (e.g. AltSax+Trumpet+Trombone). I want to make the sheets available for my colleagues and move the three types of sheets to three different folders.
So I want to restructure my DropBox Synchronisation folder and of course I don't want to loose any of the annotations I have done locally.
Q2) What is the best way of doing this ?

Thanks for your help, comments and ideas
I don't think using the sync library feature is the best option for the way in which you are working. It would be better to just use Import->Batch Import to pull in all your files, as there is an option to ignore duplicate files as well as an option to update existing songs if an updated file is found. So then you can just batch import the necessary folder to pull in any new versions of PDFs. I'd also recommend periodically creating a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library to safeguard your library, and you can store that in Dropbox separately.

Mike
Hello Mike,

The suggested method (import instead of synchronization) is indeed the better way of doing it in my case and it works for me. 
Thanks for your help.
I'm glad to hear that - I'm always happy to help.

Mike