• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner Question on progress indicator
New to mobile sheets pro and I apologize if it appears to be obvious to experienced users. Searching for tutorials for beginners has not been productive so I'll post here...Is there a way to highlight (on the sheet music) where the program is at, timing-wise, so I can adjust how quickly the program should scroll? I don't want to use a pedal to page turn. An indicator that moves along at the programmed pace would be what I'm looking for. Thank you so much, in advance...
MobileSheets just scrolls the page by a calculated number of pixels per second (which is converted into the amount of time to wait when using the single page display mode). If you use the vertical scrolling display mode, the pages will slide up at a constant rate. This eliminates the issues that it sounds like you are having while using the single page display mode. There are tutorial videos here https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/tutorials/ including one on switching the display mode: https://youtu.be/V_8GXnlNfm0

That will help you with changing to the vertical scrolling display mode. After switching, let me know if you still encounter any difficulties.

Mike
(07-08-2024, 08:45 AM)never2late Wrote: New to mobile sheets pro and I apologize if it appears to be obvious to experienced users. Searching for tutorials for beginners has not been productive so I'll post here...Is there a way to highlight (on the sheet music) where the program is at, timing-wise, so I can adjust how quickly the program should scroll? I don't want to use a pedal to page turn. An indicator that moves along at the programmed pace would be what I'm looking for. Thank you so much, in advance...

You can roughly calculate scrolling time this way: number of bars x number of beats per measure / tempo (number of beats per minute)
I use my own sheets prepared in Harmony Assistant, so I can avoid any repeating signs - I just copy and paste all repeated parts on their correct place. This way I prepared longer sheets, but they can scroll from beginning up to the end without any other action.

Lacko
(07-08-2024, 10:00 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: MobileSheets just scrolls the page by a calculated number of pixels per second (which is converted into the amount of time to wait when using the single page display mode). If you use the vertical scrolling display mode, the pages will slide up at a constant rate. This eliminates the issues that it sounds like you are having while using the single page display mode. There are tutorial videos here https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/tutorials/ including one on switching the display mode: https://youtu.be/V_8GXnlNfm0

That will help you with changing to the vertical scrolling display mode. After switching, let me know if you still encounter any difficulties.

Mike

Wow! Thank you so much for the response! Such an outstanding product..all of your work and personal support is truly appreciated! Single page display with adjusted zoom was exactly what I was looking for!
(07-08-2024, 05:36 PM)Lacko Wrote:
(07-08-2024, 08:45 AM)never2late Wrote: New to mobile sheets pro and I apologize if it appears to be obvious to experienced users. Searching for tutorials for beginners has not been productive so I'll post here...Is there a way to highlight (on the sheet music) where the program is at, timing-wise, so I can adjust how quickly the program should scroll? I don't want to use a pedal to page turn. An indicator that moves along at the programmed pace would be what I'm looking for. Thank you so much, in advance...

You can roughly calculate scrolling time this way: number of bars x number of beats per measure / tempo (number of beats per minute)
I use my own sheets prepared in Harmony Assistant, so I can avoid any repeating signs - I just copy and paste all repeated parts on their correct place. This way I prepared longer sheets, but they can scroll from beginning up to the end without any other action.

Lacko

Thank you so much Lacko! This is outstanding! My next question was answered, thanks to you.
You are very welcome - I'm always happy to help however I can.

Mike