• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Srcoll speed is not saved
Hello, we use MS in the band different tablets (Android & iOS) with the same basic settings. My friend has an iOS tablet and has the problem when he sets the scroll speed to a new value, then saves and after that closes MS, then opens again, the scroll speed is reset to the old value (default 10 seconds). Everything works perfectly for me on my Android tablet. What could be the cause? Photo attached (German Setting)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That screenshot appears to be from the Android version. Did you make the same selections on the iPad? I just tested this on my iPad Pro, and I had no issues adjusting the fixed duration, and it was still set properly after force closing MobileSheets and starting it back up. However, the iPad version appears to be only accepting whole integers, so that's something I'm going to have to investigate. So don't try to enter fractional values in the iPad version at the moment, as it looks like the fractional part may be stripped out.

Mike

UPDATE:

It looks like just an issue with how the value is displayed. The fractional amount entered is correctly saved and used. This is fixed for 3.9.0.
Yes, I did the Screenshot with my Android Tablet.
...perfect...
Just to be clear, the only thing I fixed is the handling of fractional values. If your friend set a value of "5" for example, and it went back to "10" after restarting the app, that is not something I was able to reproduce, and would be a completely separate problem.

Mike
I will check it on Friday and give you a feedback.
Hello, yesterday we did a test with integers. Sometimes the set times are retained and sometimes MS resets them. The error also appears sporadically.
Are there any steps I should take to reproduce the issue? Or do I just load a song, change the value, close the app, restart the app and see if the value was correctly set?

Thanks,
Mike
(07-13-2024, 07:56 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are there any steps I should take to reproduce the issue? Or do I just load a song, change the value, close the app, restart the app and see if the value was correctly set?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes, exactly. That's how we did it.

Armin
I think I found out the "error". The reset takes place when I (server) synchronize my tablet (Android) to the iOS tablets (clients). In fact, personal settings shouldn't be changed? Or? I have attached a photo of the synchronization settings. The same happens, when I synchronize from Android to Android. ... I find out that the META- setting  also change the duration... I thought, that the duration settings are personally settings.

Armin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Scroll settings are in the database and part of the song metadata. If you synchronize, that will absolutely override any scroll settings. So you will need to uncheck the option to synchronize metadata if you do not want that to occur.

Mike