• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linking SX900 Bluetooth
Hi, I’m using my iPad via usb to turn pages in my music sheets, no problem. I recently changed to a Yamaha SX900 which has Bluetooth, is there a straight forward way, via Bluetooth, to call up my registrations to match with the song list, when I select a song the matching registration is ready to play also. Thanks for any help Dupe
The built in Bluetooth module in the SX900 does not support MIDI over Bluetooth. Only audio over Bluetooth. So that will not work.
If you want to use bluetooth to call up registrations, you will need to add (buy) a Yamaha MD-BT01 adapter or something equivalent for that purpose.
Alternatively, and since you are using an iPad, you should be able to accomplish what you want to do, using WIFI (in stead of bluetooth).

Rudy
(07-16-2024, 10:15 PM)Rey_a Wrote: The built in Bluetooth module in the SX900 does not support MIDI over Bluetooth. Only audio over Bluetooth. So that will not work.
If you want to use bluetooth to call up registrations, you will need to add (buy) a Yamaha MD-BT01 adapter or something equivalent for that purpose.
Alternatively, and since you are using an iPad, you should be able to accomplish what you want to do, using WIFI (in stead of bluetooth).

Rudy
Hi Rudy, Thank you for your prompt reply. Can you explain how WiFi would work please. Regards Dupe.
Oops ... I overlooked the fact that (contrary to Genos) the SX900 does not have WIFI built in. So WIFI will not work either, unless you buy a Wifi adapter for the SX900 ...

Sorry about the mix up.

Rudy
Other accessories that provide MIDI bluetooth connections includes the CME WIDI Jack and the CME WIDI Master. I have used both and both work well. I test the CME WIDI Jack with my Yamaha SX600 fairly often.

Mike
Hi, I purchased the MD-BT01 as previously suggested, the instruction doesn’t mention the app you need!
So I down loaded it onto my iPad, my next question is, what to do next? Is there a link in MobileSheets to select the adaptor. Regards Dupe
Hi,

You wrote that you were using your iPad via usb to turn pages in your music sheets, and that you recently changed to a Yamaha SX900, but you never mentioned what keyboard you were using before the SX900, or how you make the page turns happen or even if you link music sheets to registration files on you keyboard ...

So the short answer to your question would be to have a look at 'Settings' / 'Midi Settings' / 'Configure Midi Connections' in MobileSheets. You will find a bluetooth setup button there.

A longer answer to your question may be in the document in the link below. It describes how to link sheet music to keyboard registrations on Yamaha Genos and PSR SX type keyboards (which may or may  not be of use to you)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MD1Exfj...qXfWw/view

It does not describe bluetooth however, as I never have used that, but it leads you to the dialog where to so set up WIFI, and the Bluetooth setup is on that same dialog.
I expect that once setup up,the bluetooth connection will work in the same way as the wiffi connection, which is described in the document. 

Rudy
#ago)
Rey_a 
High, thanks for replying, the page turning feature doesn’t work through the keyboard. This is home made and works via the iPad. I use a camera adapter which is plugged into the iPad, it has a usb output socket to which a dual pedal foot switch which I designed, connects into the adaptor. MobileSheets is configured in the settings for page turning, so one pedal moves to next page, and the other to back page. 
So using MobileSheets on my iPad, I can select which ever piece of music I want to play and have the corresponding reg-bank automatically set up ready to go. I’ll take on board your suggestions and see what transpires. Regards Dupe