• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for additional option to sort order
I don't know if this has been requested before, but I didn't find it in the forum.

I would love to have a sort order added to sort by smallest to largest or vice versa.

This would only work on all the extra tabs, such as Artists, Composers, Genres (not the main Songs tab).

So for example, you are on the composers tab and set sort order to largest to smallest (or highest to lowest) and at the top of list you would see the composer that has written the most songs that you have in your library.  Or you could see which genre you have the most songs in.
So, just to verify, you want a sort order for number of songs in the group? There is already an "ascending" checkbox you can toggle on the sort dialog, so nothing new would need to be added for that.

Thanks,
Mike
I tried "Sort: Numerically - Ascending / Descending" on tabs "Composers" and "Genres" on Windows and Android and the groups are still sorted alfabetically by name, not by the number of contained songs.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Sort: Numerically sorts by numbers within the names/titles. There is no sort option for the number of songs in each group. I was mainly just confirming that is what is being asked for, and stating that the ascending checkbox would work in the same way for that sort order option if it is added.

Mike
Itsme is correct - I am wanting to sort by the number of contained songs within each group.
@Mike: sorry, I misunderstood your answer and thought that RoSong's request is already implemented
@RoSong: a nice idea, but not the most important missing feature for now
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de