• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should I handle files and folders on ipad?
It know that on the ipad the file system is restricted so we can't manage our own files. I know when I first set up MS I chose the option to have subdirectories. Now that option is unchecked. I think the default changed on one of the updates. I'm sure I didn't change it myself. 

I didn't notice when it changed, so now when I look in the MS directory under files, I'm finding all recently imported files are not in a folder. There are around 1400 folders and now about 150 items not in folders. The earliest file not in a folder is dated March 20.

How do I fix? I prefer things to be consistent. When the proposed song-versioning feature is finally rolled out, am I correct to assume songs will need to be in folders anyway?
Song versioning will change nothing in regards to how files are managed and stored. The easiest way to fix this is to first switch "Create Subdirectory per Song" back on, then create a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, then restore that backup under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup. This will clear out the storage location, then extract all the files and place them in subdirectories.

Mike
Okay thanks - will try that.