• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use this section.
I would like to sort my main Songs list by the Source field. Do I do that with this section?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers; Bass Uke, Tenor Uke, Blues Harmonica, Tech Advisor
It's not currently possible to sort the list based on Source. If you tap the Sort: A-Z option at the top right, you can see the available sorting options.

This is a more complex way to achieve this though - Go to Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting, change the format string to put the Source field at the start before the title, and then make sure to check the option to use formatted titles for sorting. That would effectively sort all your songs by source when sorting alphabetically.

Mike
Go that. I added the Source field after the Title, which is really all I needed so I see that information readily.

I see that the Song Title Format affects all the Libraries. When you separate the Libraries, can you also make the settings separate as well?

Is there a way to find a specific Source? I found it.
Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers; Bass Uke, Tenor Uke, Blues Harmonica, Tech Advisor
Having separate settings per library is going to make for a frustrating experience, as users will then have to rely on exporting settings from one library to pull it into another if they don't want all the settings to get out of sync. So I don't have a good answer for that yet.

Mike
In looking at how I'm setting my two different Libraries, it seems fine for the settings to work on all Libraries. I use different fields in each Library but have all the fields set in the formatting, so only the pertinent fields show.
If you want to have only certain settings be specific per library, that also could be confusing to users, as they won't inherintly know which settings are library specific, unless I move those settings to an entirely different section of the settings screen or start implementing a labeling mechanism so users know which settings are library specific.

Mike
I see, OK.