• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OneDrive sync problem because of ~ sign?
Hello all,

I recently began to have problems with syncing my library to OneDrive. It is not a permissions problem, since I can create empty folders on OneDrive from within MobileSheets just fine. But syncing my libary fails at 0%. This also happens with a library that only contains 1 song. 

The OneDrive details mention that, while the 1st song it is trying to upload is called A natural woman, it is trying to create a file called ~tmpDB_A natural woman.pdf.  I have found out that it is not possible to manually upload a file with this filename. I get a message listing all the forbidden characters that apparently cannot be part of the filename. Although the ~ sign is not listed, if I try to upload the same file but only remove the ~ sign from its name, the upload succeeds.

Have I stumbled upon a problem with MobileSheets itself? It used to work just fine, so maybe Microsoft changed something? (As an ICT engineer, it wouldn't surprise at all.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Vincent
If that is a personal OneDrive account, the issue will be fixed with 3.9.0 which is planned for release next Monday. Microsoft changed some things on their servers that caused this issue. If it's not a personal OneDrive account, then I'm not sure what's happening there, as my app certainly doesn't create any files with a ~ at the start. That may be just an artifact being shown by the OneDrive app if you are using that.

Mike
(09-18-2024, 05:00 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If that is a personal OneDrive account, the issue will be fixed with 3.9.0 which is planned for release next Monday. Microsoft changed some things on their servers that caused this issue. If it's not a personal OneDrive account, then I'm not sure what's happening there, as my app certainly doesn't create any files with a ~ at the start. That may be just an artifact being shown by the OneDrive app if you are using that.

Mike

Wow, that was a quick reply. Thanks for that. It is a personal OneDrive so I will await version 3.9.0 then. 

The message was seen using the web client of OneDrive but no worries. I'm sure it will work the new version.
Hi Mike,

I see the 3.9 version in the Google Play Store and the Apple Store but no new Windows version as of yet. Reason I ask is, I use a PC at home and a PC at work and synchronize between the two using OneDrive.

Do you know when the 3.9 Windows version will appear in the Microsoft Store?

Thanks!
It's just awaiting approval from Microsoft. It could be approved today, or if they are really slow, it could be approved by tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have no control over Microsoft's update approval process. The FastSpring version of MobileSheets always has updates available immediately (as they are just downloaded off my server), so Windows users of that version got the update as soon as it was uploaded.

Mike