• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setlist with multiple sets
I'm sure I can't be the first to ask this, but can't find anything on search.

I have a gig coming up with two sets of 16 songs and an interval. My setlist is numbered 1-33 including a placeholder for the interval. 

Is there a way to have this as two sets, with songs 1-16? I could just have two setlists, but that's a bit clunky, and also makes it tricky to move songs between sets (which often happens during planning).
There are multiple ways to do this

Suggest you long press the Setlist name and select Copy (at the top)
Adjust the displayed name (add "Part 2" to it?)
Edit this new list and long press the first song until a check box appears
Select all the next 15 songs and Delete

Edit the original list by deleting the last 16 songs
(rename list to have a "Part 1"?)

Another way is to long press/select a group of songs and "..." (top right).
Select "Create set list from selected songs"
Edit the original list as above.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Actually, rereading your post, I would keep them as a single set.

This is because you can reorder items in the displayed song list by just tapping a left hand number and typing in a new position for the song (I find the first tap is sometimes ignored).

If necessary, you can edit the list and use the sliders (or the song number) to move things around.

If you keep the setlists for reference, you only have one list to keep (less clutter)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I put a song called -BREAK- between sets. 

Nice tip, Geoff, about create from selected. Didn't know you could do that.
(09-22-2024, 12:27 AM)tonypayne689@gmail.com Wrote: Is there a way to have this as two sets, with songs 1-16? I could just have two setlists, but that's a bit clunky, and also makes it tricky to move songs between sets (which often happens during planning).

This is actually an interesting question because it raises both conceptual and design/implementation questions about what a "set" is -- particularly within a software application that is basically oriented towards organizing a "library" of "collections" and what amount to (sometimes sequential) sub-collections.

Probably thoroughly thinking this through requires introducing something like the concept of a "performance" which would make more sense of temporal organization of pieces, possible repetition of the same piece at different times in the performance, multiple sets within the performance, etc.  Such a general concept of performance is really what's needed to model what you're talking about here (which in fact is a representation of a particular performance in terms of things that go beyond simply the content in terms of pieces and the sequence in which they're played).  Trying to stretch the simpler concept of setlist to model that won't ever be totally satisfactory.

Given that, I think the workaround you've settled on is probably among the best approaches.
------------------
Gary H. Merrill
Thanks for the comments. It seems there isn't a way to do what I want. I shall put something in under "Feature Requests and Ideas"