• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABC Notes in Chord Pro Problem
Hello,
I'm currently working on displaying ABC notes in the Chord Pro file.
The problem is that I export a sheet music file as XLM and then use it with the program
EasyABC open is displayed correctly.

In picture 1 you can see the notes in the EasyABC program as I wrote them
also be displayed correctly. (3 bars per row)

When I put the (picture 2 and 3) line into the ChordPro file, another measure is suddenly inserted with only one note.
I hope I was able to express myself clearly.

Gr
Achim from Trier

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you share your ChordPro file I can take a look.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

We'll have to have you test this again after I switch my ABC implementation over to use the newer abc2svg, as it's probably not worth the effort to explore this further until then.

Mike
(10-04-2024, 08:31 AM)itsme Wrote: If you share your ChordPro file I can take a look.

Hallo,
danke für deine Antwort. Soll ich dir die Datei per e-Mail schicken?
Ins Forum hochladen wäre am einfachsten.Wenn du das nicht willst, schick sie an die Kontaktadresse meiner Band Moonlight Crisis, siehe meine Signatur.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

(10-05-2024, 05:06 PM)itsme Wrote: Ins Forum hochladen wäre am einfachsten.Wenn du das nicht willst, schick sie an die Kontaktadresse meiner Band Moonlight Crisis, siehe meine Signatur.

Hallo, habe di Datei auf deine mail adresse geschickt.
vielen dank

gr
Achim
Trier Germany, Deutschland
I received your file and localized the issues. Probably my findings are of interest for Mike and other colleagues, so I extracted two relevant measures from the ChordPro file to avoid possible copyright issues when I post it here.
I use .cho as file extension for the example files, because .chopro is not accepted by the forum.

Here we go:
1. Hint for using EasyABC
ChordPro files with embedded ABC can be opened in EasyABC if you select "Any file (*.*)" instead of "ABC file (*.abc;*.txt;*.mcm)" in the "File Open" window.
Just insert an empty line before {end_of_abc} to mark the end of the ABC code. Otherwise EasyABC tries to interpret {end_of_abc} as ABC notation and renders some additional nonsense

2. Snippet 1 MobileSheets requires I:linebreak $
otherwise the ABC section is not shown. 
That's not part of the reported issue, I just noticed that during my investigation.

[attachment=2934]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.cho   BiewererHeimatwalzer_Snippet1.cho (Size: 330 bytes / Downloads: 2)

Because the forum allows not more than 5 attachments per post I have to split it.

3. Snippet 2 < is not accepted to specify dotted eighth notes
That's the cause of the reported issue

Attached Files
.cho   BiewererHeimatwalzer_Snippet2.cho (Size: 344 bytes / Downloads: 2)

4. Snippet 3 my first workaround: I split the dotted eighths into two notes

The ABC documentation shows better ways to write dotted notes, please test that yourself
http://abcnotation.com/wiki/start?do=sea...te_lengths

Attached Files
.cho   BiewererHeimatwalzer_Snippet3.cho (Size: 351 bytes / Downloads: 2)

5. Snippet 4 - couldn't resist to try one of the variants from the ABC wiki
pretty good - isn't it?

Attached Files
.cho   BiewererHeimatwalzer_Snippet4.cho (Size: 350 bytes / Downloads: 3)

Thank you very much for your help.
Really great.

gr
Achim
Trier Germany, Deutschland
(10-05-2024, 11:55 PM)itsme Wrote: Just insert an empty line before {end_of_abc} to mark the end of the ABC code.
It's even documented:
https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/direct...abc-source
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).